Chapter 2: Old Faces

AN: Hello everyone! It's not to far into the story, which I why I decided to post it here. I've yet to figure out how to cast (I know :( ) and so I have to do it here. Thanks so much for reading and I hope to see comments of you guys liking the book. (Or not... I take criticism as well, as long as its constructive.) So, without further ado I present the cast!

Barry Allen/Flash: Grant Gustin

Holly Grant: Freya Mavor

Caitlin Snow: Danielle Panabaker

Cisco Ramon: Carlos Valdez

Harrison Wells: Tom Cavanagh

Joe West: Jesse L. Martin

Iris West: Candice Patton

Eddie Thawne: Rick Cosnett

Henry Allen: John Wesley Ship

David Singh: Patrick Sabongui

Now, let's get back to the story!

~~ Barry's POV~~

My name is Barry Allen, and I am the fastest man alive. When I was a child I saw my mother killed by something impossible, my father went to prison for her murder, then an accident made me the impossible. To the outside world I'm an ordinary forensic scientist, but secretly I use my speed to fight crime and find others like me, and one day, I'll find who killed my mother and get justice for my father. I am The Flash!

I'm late, I'm always late, I guess my super tardiness levels out my super speed, yes I have super speed and still be late apparently. Just a few months ago I woke up from a nine month coma that had happened from getting struck by lightning which happened by a particle accelerator exploding at S.T.A.R. Labs and that's how I got my super speed.
A lot had changed since I had been in my coma, Joe, my second father since he took me in when my father went to prison, got a new partner Eddie Thawne. Iris was still Iris. I had a crush on Iris for forever but, now things changed. I couldn't trust her with my secret, I trusted her with a lot of things but, this... I needed someone who I could trust who would protect it with their lives, not that I didn't trust Iris could do that, but I worried she'd tell a friend, or slip up, couldn't take the pressure. It only takes one person to say something and then boom! Secrets out, especially one this big. I arrive at the scene and I see my boss David Singh was standing there, looking not too happy. I also see Joe.
"Sorry I'm late, Captain Singh," I say passing through crowds of the investigation letting them know I'm CSI.
"What was it this time, Mister Allen? Did you forget to set your alarm clock? Before you answer, I should remind you, the excuse you gave last time was car trouble," Singh says raising his eyebrows irritatedly, "Wanna know why that one was particularly memorable?" He asks crossing his arms.
"I do not own a car," I answer remembering that very embarrassing moment, one of the many times I thought I was going to be fired. Also it was embarrassing, being twenty-five and a guy and not owning a car made me sound like a loser, but I swear I'm not! I just don't really needed one, I lived at my office, and now, it really wasn't necessary anymore with my speed.
"He was running an errand for me," Joe pipes up and I looked at him and he turns to me, "Barry, did you get me what I asked for?" He raises his eyebrows and cocks his head and I quickly go for my pocket.
"Yeah...Yeah, I did," I say feeling my pocket and grabbing the first thing I find, "I have it right here," I had hoped for something better but it was the chocolate bar I grabbed quickly for breakfast, "I had a few bites of it," I answer and Joe takes it and juts his head to the evidence. I walk over and it's car tracks, I bend down and study it closely.
"Getaway car is a Mustang Shelby GT-500," I say getting up, I know this with confidence, "Shelby's have a rear super-wide tire specific to that model," I then see something else in the tracks of the tire that catches my eye, "Hmm, there's something else," I say and I walk over to another police officer who's wearing a pen. I don't ask, I just take it, "Thanks."
I use the pen to scoop it up so I can smell it, I do and pull back, disgusted.
"Fecal excrement.Animal, I'd guess," I say and Joe and Eddie are writing is all down. I then see the man who I took the pen from looking at the pen almost horrified.
"My dad gave me that pen.......Before he died," he says and I make a face of regret and smile sheepishly.
"Sorry," I say and then Joe tells me to process the evidence.
I'm walking through town, I decided to grab coffee and fries on my way to the station. As I'm walking through, I'm going with the crowd, I rarely am.
I'm walking through enjoying the fresh air when I bump into some girl.
"Sorry," I say quickly and then I see her, her familiar face as she looks at me makes me hunt through my memories of where I have seen her before. Was she a metahuman, no. She doesn't say anything and continues walking. I then placed it, Holly Grant, college student, lawyer. Long blonde hair that was slightly curled, light blue eyes. She hadn't changed much and I couldn't believe I forgot her, we were friends in college. We ended up going our separate ways after I graduated and came back home, she must be visiting. I would've seen her before. I then shake out of my trance and continue walking back to the station but I take a quick look back and notice it looks like she had looked back also and was turning her head, though I could be wrong. Maybe she didn't recognize me, maybe she did, she must be married now. We both were the same age, and with her smartness and beauty she definitely must be taken, not that I was looking for a relationship. I then shake my head and head to the station.