Chapter 22: Rogue Time

~~~~Barry's POV~~~~

I stood there, wondering what just happened. Wasn't this yesterday?

"Hey, what's going on? - Dude?" Cisco asked through the headpiece.

"Yeah, Cisco. I'm here," I said after a moment.

"What happened? Why'd you stop?"

"I just got a little disoriented."

"Well, you need to make up some time, man. You better hurry up."

"Hurry? What are you-"

"Hurry, as in get to the morgue."

"The morgue? I was there. Yesterday," I said bewildered.

"What are you talking about? Come on, you gotta go."

~

I walked in skeptically into the morgue today. Which I already lived. The day Mardon goes into the precinct and hurts Singh.

I walked slowly, missing Singh and reaching Joe.

"Hey, Barr. What's with all the water? Did the sprinkler system go off or something?"

"What? No, I checked the sprinklers. They're all intact. But the water has ice in it. And the bruises on the coroner aren't just on his face. Check look at his torso," I said quickly as we walked to the body.

"Whoa. How the heck did you know that?"

" He was killed by hail. We have to listen to the recording."

"Recording?"

"Joe, we got something," Eddie said walking in. "The coroner's office just installed an automated dictation system. Listen to this."

"Please no more-"

"I'll stop when you tell me"

"Just stop!"

"Who killed him?"

"It's Mark Mardon," I interrupted. "He wants revenge."

~~~Cisco's POV~~~

"And I really don't wanna go," I said to Caitlin as we walked into S.T.A.R. Labs. I was talking about my brother's birthday party which I had been invited to.

"He's your brother, Cisco."

"Not by choice."

"Okay, well, how bad can a birthday party be?"

"Um, my folks think Dante's stink don't stink. Doesn't matter how much he screws up, or how many times he gets into trouble. In their eyes, he can do no wrong. And yet, they never fail to remind me that I can do no right," I said bitterly.

"What if I came with you?"

"What? Seriously?"

"Absolutely. You've done so much for me. Let me be there for you for a change. And I could look at old family photo albums and see what little Cisco looks like without long hair."

"I'm rescinding your invite."

~~~~Barry's POV~~~~

"Clyde Mardon has a brother?" Caitlin said, once again.

"So, both Mardon brothers survived the plane crash and then the dark matter released by the Particle Accelerator explosion affects them both in-"

"Virtually the same way," I said interrupting Wells.

"That's right."

"Only Mark's not like Clyde at all. He can do things that you couldn't even imagine."