Chapter 8: Danton Black

~~Barry's POV~~

I woke up late as usual and headed to S.T.A.R. Labs, me and Cisco had agreed to work together without Caitlin and Wells knowing that I was going around helping people. I suited up and ran to a fire on Western and 3rd in downtown. I continued running enjoying the feeling of it. Then Cisco broke me out of my thoughts.

"Barry? Barry!" Cisco said and I stop.

"What? Did I miss it?" I ask.

"You overshot by about six blocks."

I sigh and begin running backwards.

"My bad."

I arrive at the apartment and I rush in and I see fire everywhere I have no idea where anyone is.

"Cisco, there's fire everywhere! Cisco, are you still there?" I ask but there is no answer.

"Mom? Mommy!" I see a little girl in front of me and I rush and get her out I then run all around getting people. Once everyone's out I go behind the houses near he dumpsters.

"Everybody's out," I say proudly, "What else you got for me, Cisco?"

"Barry, it's Caitlin," I hear Caitlin say in her annoyed tone and I wince, crap! Me and Cisco have been caught.

"Hey, Caitlin!....How's your day?" I ask really happy hoping she didn't hear that I was out saving people.

"Get back to S.T.A.R. Labs. Now," and I know I can't escape her anger.

"On my way," I say starting to run but then I feel a sudden dizziness and I stop and then I feel fine. I then run back to the Lab and immediately Caitlin starts lecturing me and Cisco.

"Have you both lost your minds? Who do you think you are?" She asks walking out of the medic area.

"Well, I'm the eyes and ears, and he's the feet," Cisco says pointing to me and I grin sheepishly and me and Cisco follow her out to the cortex.

"This isn't funny. You could have gotten yourself killed. You can't be running around the city like some supersonic fireman," Caitlin says crossing her arms.

"Why not? This is what we talked about. Me using my speed to do good," I say.

"We talked about you helping us contain other people who might have been affected by the particle accelerator explosion. Meta-humans. And aside from Clyde Mardon, we haven't found any," Caitlin argues.

"People in this city still need help," I say with a sigh, "And I can help them. We can help them."

"Will you please say something?" Caitlin says exasperated as Wells enters in his motor wheelchair.

"I think what Caitlin is saying, in her own spectacularly angry way, is that we are just beginning to understand what your body is capable of. Not to sound like a broken record, Mr. Allen I do caution restraint," Wells says and I sigh.

"Dr. Wells I doubt restraint is how you got to be the man you are today," I say trying to reason with them.

"In a wheelchair and a pariah. Lack of restraint is what made me these things. Know your limits," Wells says and then leaves. Caitlin looks at me through irritation.

"Don't expect me to patch you up every time you break something," she says and then walks to the computers.

"Hey, uh Anything happen out there today? The sensors in the suit were kicking back some weird telemetry, like your vitals spiked for a few seconds," Cisco said as he pulled me to the side. I worry it was a side effect from getting struck by lightning and that if Caitlin and Wells found out they wouldn't want me helping people.