Chapter 21: Out of Time

~~~~Holly's POV~~~~

Tonight me and Barry had a date, I had decided to let him decide and surprise me. He usually picked pretty good, so I trusted him.

I dressed in a nice floral shirt, some jeans, leather jacket, and some nice high-heeled boots.

Barry arrived on time and we drove down to the bowling alley. I honestly was surprised.

We walked in and told the man our shoe sizes and then started walking down to put them on.

"I never would've pegged you as someone who likes to bowl," I said smiling.

"Oh, this is one of my favorite places in the world, and I'm guessing one of the only sports that I can destroy you at," he said teasingly.

Back in college we used to play some sports together and I beat him so far in, baseball, football, tennis, and back then racing.

"Oh, okay, you think so, huh?" I said raising my eyebrows teasingly.

"I'm pretty sure, yeah," he answered with a laugh.

"Okay," I said shaking my head.

"Hi, guys," Iris said suddenly. Her and Eddie were sitting right in front of us putting their own shoes on.

"Iris, Eddie, hey. What are you guys doing here?" Barry asked.

"We thought it would be fun," Eddie answered.

"Barry and I have been bowling here since we were kids. Why don't you guys join us?" Iris said quickly.

"Uh We don't want to interrupt your date," Eddie said respectfully.

"No, it's it's okay," I say, seeing Barry was already looking forward to playing with them.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Of course. It'll be fun," I lie. Honestly, I didn't want to be arround Iris after me and Barry just made up after her telling me he still had feelings for her.

I got my shoes on anyways and picked a ball, along with Barry. Once we all had balls, we put out names in the screen and started a game.

Me and Eddie weren't doing the greatest but Barry and Iris were blowing through it like butter.

"Ha-ha! Do you smell that, Barry? That's defeat," Iris said proudly as she achieved another strike.

"You never told me you were such a big fan of bowling," Eddie said.

"Sure I have. This is one of my favorite places in the world," Iris said with a smile. I couldn't help but wonder if this was both Iris and Barry's favorite place because of each other. I quickly shook it off as Barry came back with some fries and it was his turn.

"Oh, ho ho!" Iris said as Barry got a double strike.

"Ohh! Ha-ha! I am impressed, Allen," I said with a smile as he did a victory stance.

"Finally the only sport I actually can beat you at!"

" Um, I'm still iffy on whether bowling is an actual sport," I said crossing my arms jokingly.

"I've wondered the same," Eddie said with a smile.

"Well, sport or hobby, I am still better than you," Iris said, wiping some ketchup away from Barry's mouth that made me very uncomfortable. I noticed the look they gave each other before they stepped away.

"Oh, Eddie, you're up, man," Iris said looking at the screen.

"Oh, right," he said, both him and I seemed a little concerned about what just happened between Barry and Iris.