Chapter 20: Fallout

~~~~Barry's POV~~~~

"Barry? Barry, what happened out there? Are you guys okay?" I heard Cisco said in my ear-piece.

"Are you okay?" I asked Caitlin.

"I think so. Oh, no. The nuclear explosion. There's no telling how much radiation we were exposed to," she said.

"Wait wait, wait, wait, wait, this can't be. The Geiger counter in the suit it's reading less than one millirad," Cisco said.

"But that's normal," I replied.

"There's no radiation," Wells said and I looked at Caitlin.

"Let's go," I said and took Caitlin and ran down to where the explosion happened. I took her hand as we carefully walked down the bomb hole.

"Did it work? Did you separate them?" Cisco asked.

"I don't know."

We saw Ronnie laying there, in tattered clothes.

"Ronnie? Tell me your name," Caitlin said bending down to him.

"Ronnie Raymond. Cait," Ronnie said.

"It's me," she said with a smile and kissed him.

"Uh, pardon me. Obviously, I need a change of clothes," Professor Stein said walking to us, also in tattered clothes.

"Nice to see you in the flesh again, Professor Stein," I said, nodding to him. "We're coming home. All of us."

I carried each one back to the cortex.

" Ronnie Raymond," Cisco said excitedly as he came into the cortex.

"Cisco," Ronnie said shaking Cisco's hand and hugging him.

"Man. Ohh. I missed you so much, man. I shouldn't have locked you in there."

"Hey don't."

"Welcome back, Mr. Raymond," Wells said with a small smile.

"Dr. Wells. Caitlin told me what happened to you. I'm so sorry."

"I'm responsible for putting myself in this chair."

"You are responsible for my still being alive thank you."

"You said you'd bring him back, and you did. Thank you," Caitlin said holding Ronnie's hand.

"You're welcome."

"Excuse me? Are we all planning to sing Kumbaya next?" Stein said walking in.

"Professor Stein, I presume," Wells said turning his attention.

"Harrison Wells. Do you have somewhere I can freshen up and get a change of clothes?"

"Of course. Right this way, Professor."

Wells led Stein and Ronnie off to be cleaned up. Once they were, Caitlin started to give them a check up.

"Your vitals appear to be normal, except you have a slight fever of 100.6," Caitlin said.

"Cait, I'm fine, I promise," Ronnie said.

"I know, but we just need to be-"

"Shh."

Ronnie then kissed her and Cisco walked in.

"Yep just when I forgot how awkward it was to walk in on you two," he said and I nodded.

"Well, you can get used to it again," Ronnie said with a smile.

"So I did a full medical workup on the Professor. It turns out that now that he and Ronnie are separated, they no longer possess the ability to harness nuclear energy. Professor Stein, you seem to be running a little hot as well. Same as Ronnie 100.6," Caitlin said.