Chapter 5: Things Get Crazy

~~Holly's POV~~

Barry asked me out I almost took it as a date but then I knew we had done this plenty of times in the past in college. I definitely wanted to catch up with him, he hadn't changed much but he still was that cute nerdy guy I met in college. I was surprised girls never went after him, if they knew the sweet guy I knew girls would line up to be with him and whoever did end up with him would be lucky.

"So where are we going Barr?" I ask with a smile wrapping my arm around his like the olds days. Barry smiled at me, I was the only one who called him Barr and sometimes teased him about being my teddy bear. I doubt he even remembers my teasing, I figured he forgot me.

"Well I know a good place and then afterwards we could head to Jitters for coffee," Barry said and I nodded my head.

We the walk to the diner.

"So what's have you been up to?" Barry asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"I went home, became a lawyer... Decided I needed a change and came here. I didn't know you lived here," I say leaving out a lot of details.

"Yeah.. I've lived here all my life. So are you married?" Barry asked and I get nervous.

"Ahhh.. I actually was... Met him after college but things didn't work out and let's say the divorce was best thing that happened in that relationship," I say sighing and Barry shakes his head.

"I'm sorry,"

"It wasn't your fault. So what have you been up to?" I ask hoping to changed the subject.

"Well I became a forensic scientist, and that's about it..." Barry says though I know him better, he's leaving something out but I don't push it because he probably could tell I was leaving something else out on my end too.

"So you and Iris.. You two finally got together, glad my advice worked," I say with a smile.

"Iris and I are not together, she has a boyfriend," Barry replied though and I frown.

"Ouch, that must be difficult," I say.

"Actually.... After I woke up from a nine month coma from being struck by lightning I um... Had some time to think about my feelings for her and I don't have feelings for her that way anymore," Barry says and I stop him. I was surprised he didn't have feelings for her anymore because of how much he talked of her in the past. But what surprised me most was the lightning and coma part.

"Wait. What? You got struck by lightning?!" I say and Barry nods his head, "are you ok? Is your heart still beating?" I ask placing my hand on his chest to feel his heart beat which was faster then normal but still beating.

"Yeah.. Um I'm fine now," he says and I fold my arms looking him up and down to make sure he's telling the truth.

"You're sure?" I say raising my eyebrows and he nods his head and I sigh.

We eat lunch together and catch up as much as possible and I still leave out some stuff as I could tell Barry was too. After lunch we head to the coffee shop we're laughing and talking and the Barry stops in his tracks and I stop confused. I look up and see Iris kissing Eddie, obviously Barry didn't know about them being a couple from the look on his face. Iris turns and sees us and then runs to catch us as Barry starts walking away and I follow. When she catches us she grabs Barry's arm.

"You can't tell my dad. He doesn't know about me and Eddie," she says quickly and I see Barry raise his eyebrows.

"Doesn't seem like anyone's in on the secret."