Chapter 7: Not A Dull Moment

~~Holly's POV~~

I woke up early and headed to the office. I arrived and started filing some stuff. I actually don't see Barry till around noon and when I did, he seemed in a serious conversation with Joe so I figured I shouldn't interrupt. As I busy myself with work. I finally finish for now and then head up to Barry's office. I see Iris in there talking with Barry. I at first am hesitant but Barry has already seen me. I nod my head at him and he does the same and Iris turns.

"Oh, Holly, needed something?" Iris asked and I shook my head.

"Ah no, I was just coming to hang with Barry, what were you guys talking about?" I ask sitting down in Barry's wheely chair, spinning half way around to look at some of his work. I actually understood some of the stuff, I actually could've gone into forensic science but I decided to change last minute to be a lawyer.

"We were just talking about how Barry was coming with me to university where they are giving some award to Simon Staggs and Barry was coming with me to explain all the scientific stuff for my article," Iris said swinging her head looking at Barry who smiled guiltily and I smiled knowing he had forgotten since he was wearing his usually sweater over a t-shirt and jeans.

"Well, I shouldn't keep Barry..." I say.

"You're welcome to come," Barry said quickly with a smile and I smile.

"Are you sure?" I say looking at Iris.

"Sure!" Iris says.

"Great!" I say and then I hear someone enter.

"Hey, Allen. Joe asked me to see where you're at on the evidence from the gun store shooting. Oh, hey, Iris," Eddie said placing his hands on his hips looking at Iris who shyly looked at the ground.

"Detective," she replied quietly.

"Please, guys, uh, just kiss already. I and Holly already know, remember?" Barry says going to his desk with his computer, I can tell he was still upset about Iris not telling him. I see Iris and Eddie kiss and I look down uncomfortably and I can't help but feel like I'm intruding.

"Ah. Thanks for being so cool about this. I know it's not easy keeping a big secret," Eddie said once Iris and him pulled away. I heard Barry sigh quietly and he walked away and mumbled to himself but I couldn't make it out.

I get to my apartment and dress quickly in a red dress and luckily I had curled my blonde hair already so I pulled it half back and then slipped on a gold necklace and earrings and bracelet. I then slip on some gold pumps and grab matching clutch. Barry said he was going to pick me up and he arrived just in time. He was wearing a nice suit with a red tie. I couldn't help but think how we matched. I tossed him my keys and then he drives us to the place since he knew where it was. We meet up with Iris and it's already packed.

"So I have no idea where I'm going so don't you go anywhere without me Allen," I say quietly under my breath and Barry laughs under his breath and offers his arm and I take it. If I lost him or Iris I was seriously in trouble, I'm in a place I've never been in and in a city I've never been in. I follow Iris and Barry into a room that obviously was where this Simon Staggs was getting his award. I stand next to Barry who tells me that Simon Staggs was a scientist in cloning. I nodded my head, I understood science to a certain level but Barry defiantly surpassed me but that was nice sometimes cause he could explain stuff to me.

Eventually Simon was giving his speech.

"I find it quite remarkable, having once been a timid freshman at Central City University, to be standing before you now, the regents choice for man of the year.