Chapter 25: Who Is Harrison Wells

~~~Barry's POV~~~

I'm getting faster, faster than I've ever been, and I wonder if it's because lately something's chasing me. I know what it is that's stalking me. It's my past. It's getting closer, and as fast as I am, I can't help but feel like my past has almost caught up with me.

~~~Holly's POV~~~

We all were at a meeting Joe's house.

"Where's Barry?" Eddie asked.

" He should be here any second. I sent him out for-" Joe started but suddenly there was a wind gust and Barry was standing there holding three boxes.

"Pizza!" He exclaimed excitedly.

"What?" Cisco asked, equally excited. "From Coast City?"

"Supposedly the best in the west," Barry stated, taking a piece.

"Why did I not think of this before? Come to papa," Cisco said, shoving a piece in his mouth.

"Caitlin?" Joe offered.

She opposed. "I'm not hungry."

"Okay, six months of investigating Harrison Wells has led us nowhere, so we're going back to the beginning to see what we can find out," Joe started.

"What does that mean?" Caitlin asked, coming over, arms crossed.

" Road trip, baby," Cisco cheered.

"Joe and Cisco are going to go to Starling City," Barry explained.

"Starling City? What for?" Caitlin asked.

"To investigate the car accident that Dr. Wells was in with Tess Morgan 15 years ago," Joe explained.

"I- I don't understand. Why?"

"Dr. McGee said that after Wells's accident, he became like a complete stranger. Just a different person entirely," Barry told her.

"Because the love of his life died? You of all people can understand how grief can change a person," she argued.

I secretly agreed, taking a bite of my pizza. I wondered how Barry would react to my past if I told him what I had done.

"Caitlin, we believe that Dr. Wells is the Reverse-Flash and killed Barry's mother, and he may have done the same thing to Tess Morgan. We have to learn everything we can about that night. See where it leads us," Joe stated, shutting down arguments.

"Oh, um, can you cover for me with Dr. Wells?" Cisco asked.

"You mean lie?" She asked, disproving.

"Yeah..." Cisco slowly answered.

"I need some air," she said, walking out of the house.

"Whoa hey, Caitlin-" Cisco protested, but she left.

" Doesn't look like Caitlin's with us," Joe said.

"No, she's with us. I'll talk to her," Barry said.

"What do you want us to do here?" Eddie asked.

"Business as usual while we're gone," Joe ordered.

"Copy that," he nodded, walking to the kitchen.

"Well, I want to wish you good luck over there, but I'm also scared of what you might find," Barry said.

"Scared is a good thing. Scared keeps us alive," Joe said, taking a swig of his beer.

~

I walked into my office the next morning, when my boss handed me a file. I looked it over and she was in custody. I was assigned to her.