Chapter 16: Revenge of the Rogues

~~~Barry's POV~~~

"My name is Barry Allen. I am not the fastest man alive. That title belongs to the man who killed my mother. But not for long.

I was training with one of Cisco's drones he built to help me go faster. It shot bullets at me and chased me down a airplane runway.

~~~Holly's POV~~~

"That was too close," Cailtin said walking towards us. We both agreed on that. Barry was going to killed!

"He told me to make it hard," Cisco said.

"Pretty sure he didn't tell you to make him dead," I said.

"Remember, this is just supposed to be a training exercise to improve Barry's speed," Wells added.

"Cisco, you gonna bring it or what?" we heard Barry ask through the speakers.

Cisco looked at Wells questioningly.

"Bring it," Wells said.

I watched as Cisco set off two small missiles after Barry. I saw one land on the ground a few feet away from Barry, sending him flying to the ground. I winced and watched as he slowly got up. He faced the uncoming missile and just stood there.

"Why isn't he running away?" Caitlin asked.

The four of us waited and waited, getting tense.

"Barry, run away," Caitlin whispered.

Just when I thought Barry was dead, Barry ran to the missile grabbing it and sending it into the drone. Cisco jumped and looked down at Wells.

~~~Barry's POV~~~

I just finished twenty burgers from Big Belly Burger and wiped my mouth.

"Very impressive, Mr. Allen. Your reaction to stimuli at super-speed continues to improve," Dr. Wells said.

"It's still not enough."

"It will be. You keep working like you are, you stay focused like you are, and you will be ready the next time your man in the yellow suit comes around."

"I think you mean the reverse-Flash," Cisco said and we all looked at him, "What? He said it, not me. And he's right. Yellow suit, red lightning, and evil the reverse of Barry."

"Meh," Caitlin said.

"Actually, I kind of like it," Wells stated.

"All right, I'm still ready for another round," I said getting up, "How many more drones do you have left?"

"Two. And they've got lasers," Cisco said.

"No," me, Caitlin, and Wells all said at the same time.

~

"Are you sure nothing's missing?" I heard Joe said as I investigated a robbery scene.

"That's what the supervisor said," a officer said, "I can check again."

I bent down and studied the door that had been broken through. I saw Holly and she smiled at me and joined me.

"Barry," Joe said walking up to me as well.

"Hey. Well, the breakage indicates that the door somehow had zero viscoelasticity when it hit the ground," I said.

"What does that mean to normal people?" he asked.

" Sorry. Uh The steel shattered like glass," I said picking up a piece of the door that had shattered. "It was frozen, Joe," I said looking up at him.