Chapter Fifteen

Monday strolls in too soon, much to everyone’s dismay. I dragged myself to the hell hole, also known as school. I made it to my locker and bang my head on it. “And a good morning to you too.” Jenny’s voice perked up next to me but I just ignored her. I got in my combination and just took out the books I needed and slammed shut the locker door. “Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?” She asked. I nodded. I’m so cranky it’s not even funny.

“Morning!” Some idiot greeted excitedly.

“Morning!” Jenny greeted back. I look up to find the idiot is Alex, smiling widely.

“Why are you so cheerful today? No wait, wrong question. Why are you so cheerful on a Monday?” I asked, leaning my head on the lockers. I have difficulty in sleeping well so I'm really deprived from it.It’s like I’m exhausted but the minute my head hits the pillow, my eyes instantly energised. It’s amazing how I can survive school for the past million years ago. (A/N: This really happens to me so Lucky have something in common with me :P)

“What’s not to be cheerful about? I get to see my 2 favourite girls again.” He happily said and put both of his arms around Jenny’s and I’s shoulders while flashing us a bright smile and even in my sleepy state, my heart’s rate spiked up. Damn you, Alex. Jenny giggled and stood in front of us, leaving her space below Alex’s arm.

“I don’t know about you guys, but I feel like caffeine is needed in my body before I start torturing my brain.” She stated. At the mention of caffeine, I stood up straight.

“I’m in.” I said and adjusted my messenger bag. Before we can walk off, I felt a hand reached out to my wrist. “What?” I asked, Alex.

“Did you forget?” He asked. My eyebrows scrunched together in confusion. It took me a few seconds to get what he was trying to say. Not my fault! My brain is slow on Mondays. I immediately walk behind him and hop on his back, making him startled a little with my fast impact but he quickly regain his posture. His hands hooked on my legs and my arms crawled on his neck and I rest my head on his shoulder. Jenny looked at us and quickly snapped a picture of us. They started walking side by side with me on Alex’s back.

Other students look at me weirdly. I can imagine what is on my mind like, ‘What is she doing on his back?’ but I don’t care and just leaned my head on his head and shut my eyes.  

 ***

Lessons passed by very fast, especially if you get away with sleeping in each class and lunch comes by. Alex met me outside of my class and he continues to carry me all the way from my locker than to the cafeteria. The minute he opens the door, almost everybody stares at us, making me a little self-conscious, but it seems like Alex is unfazed by the stares. He just casually walk to our usual table, which is already been occupied by Jenny, Zayn and Sally. I got off of him and take a seat. I can feel Zayn looking at me but I just avoided his stare. “I go grab you lunch.” Alex told me and walked off.

“Alex’s so sweet.” Sally comment when he’s gone. I smiled and nodded in agreement.

“He’s only sweet to Lucky.” Jenny butted in. Her comment made me blush deeply. I looked up to see Zayn looking so confused.

“What do you mean by that?” He asked to Jenny. Sally giggled next to him and just slowly shakes her head.

“It means that your bestie here has an admirer.” She happily clapped her hands as she said that, as if it’s the best news she have heard so far, which makes me blush more, if that’s possible. Zayn quickly averted his eyes towards me. His eyes flashed of hurt, but it was gone the minute he blinked. I looked down and started playing with my fingerless gloves.