Chapter Thirty-Three

The electric feeling burns inside of me as I responded back. The familiar, and most missed, sparks came alive when I deepened the kiss. His hands that were around my waist tightened,making me closer to him that sent the ends of my lips tilted upwards. My fingers runs through his soft tousled hair and loving the feeling in between my fingers. The CDs were long gone from my hands and were sprawled on the floor. As Zayn leans his head more lower, I shifted my leg, making me stepped on one of the CDs, which makes me snap back to reality.

 Immediately I shoved him away. His face covered in shock as he must have not prepared for that. "What the hell, Zayn?" I whispered sharply, not wanting to wake up my parents. "What are you doing here?"

"I need to see you." Pain laced in his voice, making  a little bit of my anger disappeared. Pain flashed in his eyes and deep down, I just want to make it go away but I pushed that feeling aside as I harderend my feelings. 

"Well, you just saw me like a few minutes ago, ignoring me, might I add. And now you're here, coming into my room, kissed me and telling me you want to see me? What is the matter with you?" What is he trying to play with me now? I breathe out loudly, trying to contain my anger. 

"Break up with him." I swear my breathing almost stop.

"What?"

"Break up with him."

"And?"

"Be with me." I burst out laughing at his ridiculous words. 

"Are you okay, Zayn? What kind of stupid and funny favor you just asked me? What is wrong with you?" He just looked at me and slowly shook his head. He walk towards me and place his hands on my shoulders.

"I was wrong. I was blind." He leaned his forehead with mine. "I was so blind, Lucky. Why? All this while... I've wasted the time that we could have together. You have always been there for me. Through up and down and I was so stupid to not notice that." I closed my eyes, mentally agreeing to his words. He is stupid and blind. But it's not entirely his fault.

"It's my fault too, Zayn." I said. "I didn't tell you. But it's too late." I open my eyes and look at him. His eyes were on me, they were blurred by his tears. He shook his head, not wanting to believe my words.

"Please... Don't say that." He whispered. "Please don't." His grip on me tightened a little bit but I ignore it. 

"It is, Zayn. I like Alex. He makes me happy."

"But I can make you happy too, Lucky. All this while, who was the one who make you happy? Me. Who was the one always make you smile? Me. Who was the one who brushed off your tears everytime you cry and make that frown of yours upside down?Me. Who was-"

"But you are also the one who hurt me, Zayn." I interrupted his speech and I pull myself away from his grip. "Many times you were the reason that made me cry without you knowing it. You don't know how many times I cry because of you. How many times I went to Jenny and cried on her shoulders, asking her, 'Why me?'. Did you know that, Zayn?Did you?" He just kept looking at me and we continued staring at each other. I can only hear the sounds of our breathing. "Please just go and leave me alone, Zayn. Let me be happy." I almost pleaded to him. 

"No." He shook his head. "I know you can be happy with me, Lucky. And I'm not going to stop until you are in my arms." And just like Superman, he went out of my window. If a few months he would to say that to me, I would have jump for joy and run into his arms but I have Alex now. He's been making me happy and make me forgot about my pain. I'm not going to hurt him. I just shook my head and went to my bed, shutting out the world. 

***

Walking towards my workplace, I snuck in a small yawn as I enter the cafe. I smile at my boss as I tied my apron and my hair in a ponytail. Thanks to Zayn, I only got like 3 hours of sleep. Stupid nightmares. I started my shift and I silently thank my boss for putting my shift in the rush hour timing so I got a distraction. 2 hours later, the crowd died down and only a few customers were in the cafe.