Chapter Thirty-Six

The bright light shining through my eyelids awakened me and I moved my sleeping self as I released  a small yawn. My eyes blink a few times, adjusting to the light and they wander around.My mind tries to collect fragments from last night but all I remember was falling asleep next to Zayn.... that's it. From there, my mind drew a blank. I got myself up and found myself on a soft bed and look to the bedside table.

Mine and Zayn's phone sat nicely on it. Zayn's room, I thought and look to my other side. True to what I said, there's Zayn, sleeping sounding. His hair already messy from his sleep and his bottom half covered by the covers. I look down at my attire. I was wearing one of his shirt and his shorts. "I don't remember changing." I mumbled to myself. Realization hits me as the thought of Zayn changing me cross my mind. Did he? I shook my head and try to ignore the possibility. I grab my phone and almost got a shock looking at my missed calls and unread messages. 5 missed calls and 10 unread messages. All from Alex. Shit!

Babe, you coming over? ;)

I got pizza and movies!!!Hurry over before it gets cold! xoxoxo

R u still at zayn? :(

Answer my calls.Did something happen?Don't make me worry.. x

Did i do something wrong?Call me back :(

And the same type of messages goes on until I read the last one: Guess u forgot about your boyfriend when you're having 'fun' with your bestfriend. Call me when you starts to remember me.

I knocked my head with the phone a few times. Stupid!How can I forget about meeting Alex later that night!?Why?! "Hey, you're up." A voice shook me out of my thoughts. My eyes landed on a now sat up Zayn, rubbing his eyes. Without wasting time, I got up and starts searching for my clothes. "Where you're going? I thought we could get some breakfast together?" I shook my head at his question.

"No time. I need to go." I huffed in frustration, not being able to find my clothes. "Where's my clothes, Zayn?"

"In the wash." I sighed.

"Do you have any spare pants that I can wear?" He got up and search in his drawers. He took out a pair of skinny jeans.

"I haven't worn this is 2 years. Should fit you." I grab the pants wordlessly and went to his bathroom. After putting it on and not doing anything else with the shirt, I look at myself in the mirror and cringed. Makeup from last night was all over my eyes and I quickly wash it off, making sure I look presentable before heading out. "Where are you heading off to in a hurry?" I heard Zayn asked as he follows me downstairs.

"I need to fix something quick." I grab my things before putting on my shoes. "Thank you for yesterday." I gave him a peck on the cheek and make my way to Alex, silently praying he's home and would not shut the door on my face.

***

But it wasn't Alex that I saw. It was Jack. "He's in but trust me, he doesn't want to see you."

"Please, Jack," I pleaded. "I need to explain things with him." He let out a sigh and look right in my eyes with a sad look.

"You really hurt him. Please don't make him go through what he went through in the past. I don't want to see my bestfriend go through that depression again. It's too much for me." And with that, he push the door open, letting me in. I walk up the stairs, straight to his room. I notice his parents wasn't home but I would question that later. I stop at his door and hesitated.

What if he doesn't really want to see me?Maybe I should wait.

No!I must talk to him now before he assume things. I gently knocked on his door and without waiting for an answer, I open it. 

"Jack, I said I didn't want to be disturb." I heard his voice with a hint of anger in them.

"It's not Jack." I said. He stop flipping his notebook and spun around, surprised registered in his eyes but within seconds, it change into anger. 

"Well that's even worst." Saying that didn't hurt would be lying. I just close the door and sat on the floor next to him but he put on a few good distance away from me. I sigh but didn't say anything. "What are you doing here?Shouldn't you be with your boyfriend?" He said mockingly, his eyes stare straight ahead. 

"What do you mean? I am here with him, am I?"

"Really? Because I don't particularly feel like I am a boyfriend to someone." 

"Alex, I am so sorry for last night-" He put his hands up, stopping me.

"Save it."

"No, you have to listen to me. Zayn set up this huge picnic that I didn't know and we spent the whole time there. I didn't notice the time and the next thing I knew, I fallen asleep. I know it sounds bad and it looks like I'm having the time of my life with him but I really feel bad for making you wait. I'm such a bad person and I know I deserve this but I'm terribly sorry. It wasn't in my intention to forgot about you. You know I will never do that. I love you too much to do that." He didn't say anything and so did I after that. None said anything for a long time. Every passing second it just decreases a flicker of hope. I kept my eyes on him while his eyes still stare ahead. I slowly placed my hand on his and wrap my fingers with him when he didn't move his hand away. I sat closer to him and lay my head on his shoulders. "I'm sorry Alex." He still didn't say anything and it worries me more.

"Am I important to you?" He suddenly spoke.

"Of course you are."

"Prove it." I lifted my head.

"Prove it? How?" He turn his head slowly and look at me.

"Are you able to stay away from Zayn for me?" His request makes my heart drop.

*******************************************************************************************************************

Well done Alex..Well done

Anyway pleae check out this amazing band out called MayBerry. They followed me on twitter and I check them out and it was the best decision of my life because their music is the bomb!You won't regret it!

Facebook.com/Mayberryband

Twitter.com/Mayberryband

youtube.com/mayberryband