Twisted Games

Hello peeps! I hope everyone is having an awesome day! I am excited for y'all to read this chapter! Well enjoy :)
---------------------------------
A few hours had passed since they brought Emily down here with me and we spent the whole time talking and getting to know each other. I learned more about her boyfriend Marco and that he is apart of a different Mafia branch that I can't remember the name of.

"So you have no idea why Lorenzo brought you here?" I asked curiously trying to piece together the details.

"Not a clue. Maybe the same reason he brought you here, to mess with our boyfriends." She sighed sadly at mentioning her boyfriend.

"So you knew Marco was apart of the Mafia?" I asked her and she nodded slowly.

"I didn't find out until about two years ago. He hid it very well." A sad smile appeared on her face as she reminisced the memory.

"How'd you find out?"

"It's actually kind of funny, it was prom night our senior year and he was my date of course. We got there and were dancing and having a good time until they were about to crown the prom king and queen. Marco told me he would be right back but I had a very bad feeling, so I followed him. I know I shouldn't have followed him but I thought he was cheating on me, he had been getting a lot of phone calls all hours of the day and night and he would get really quiet when I came into the room so when he rushed away on prom night I had to see for myself." She started to relive the night and I quietly listened.

"Outside in the alley behind the school we went to were a bunch of guys in suits and skeleton masks, they were all lined up like an army waiting to attack a bunch of other men in suits. At first I thought they were guys from my school out there playing around until they pulled out guns and the fight began. I watched silently as Marco threw himself into that fight. All the men rushed at each other hitting and yelling and then the shootings started. I remember not being able to see Marco anymore and that scared me more than life itself. I stood and watched, and for a while no one seemed to notice I was even there." She continued.

"I found Marco in the crowd and relief swam all over my body until I watched him get shot in the arm. I screamed so damn loud that everyone immediately froze in their tracks. I ran down into that alley with tears pouring down my face.

(FLASHBACK!)
'Em what in the hell are you doing out here?' Marco yelled at me furiously, the veins on his neck pulsing rapidly.

'I followed you down here, what in the fuck are you doing with these people Marco? These are bad guys.' I demanded answers.

'I'll tell you everything but I need you to go inside I'll be there in a few minutes.' He demanded and I shook my head violently.

'I'm not leaving you out here!' More tears fell down my face as I gripped Marcos hand for dear life like it was the last time I would ever hold his hand.

'Emily dammit please go inside. Listen to me, I'll be inside and I'll explain everything.' I slowly nodded my head before I bent down and placed a shaky kiss on his lips before I walked slowly making my way back inside the school.

"When I was away from the crowd the fight continued, screams and shots filled the air and I was terrified that I would never see him again but I was also so damn mad at Marco for getting involved with those guys." She continued on with her story and I sat there eagerly listening.