Chapter 19: Let it Go

"WE NEED TO TALK. MEET ME UNDER THE BLEACHERS AFTER SCHOOL. -FINN"

She closed her phone and smiled, excited to be seeing him.

"This isn't working out anymore."

"Excuse me? I don't think I get what you're trying to say Finn."

"Look, we enjoyed the times when we were together, but it's over now. I don't feel that way about you anymore." Finn stuffed his hands in his pocket and looked at everywhere else but her eyes.

"So what, you think you could just break up with me because you stopped feeling something?"

"Well, being together isn't going to work if I don't like you anymore now, would it?" He hated himself for hurting someone that he cared for. But he knew that this was the right thing to do.

"Finn, is there someone else?"

"Look, it doesn't matter if there is, alright? You should have expected this to happen; you didn't think this would last in the long run now, did you. So why can't you just accept that you're no longer the woman in my life?"

"Did you ever love me, Finn?" She stepped up to him and reached out for his arm.

He looked into her eyes. No, Finn, no! Be strong, you have to do this, it's the only way to make everything better! He looked away and chose to remain quiet.

She let go of his arm. She got the answer she wanted even though he just stood there. He gave her one last look and said, "I hope that you'd still be happy though, even though I can't be with you anymore." Then, he walked away as fast as he could. He couldn't bear to be anywhere near her, and right now all he wanted to do was to get away, before she did something to change his mind.

Finn Hudson, this is not over. She thought to herself. She was willing to do anything to prove that this was not over.

Her phone vibrated and she saw that she had an incoming message.

"HEY, IS IT OKAY IF I COME OVER, I KNOW IT'S A LITTLE LATE, BUT IT'S FRIDAY. -FINN"

She grinned upon seeing the sender's name and replied immediately.

"SURE :)"

She looked at her reflection in the mirror and smiled. The day was just about to get better because her favorite boy was on his way to see her. And there was nothing that could ruin their night together.