A Weapon is born?

Nix's POV

The damp cavern reflected the light of the falling sun on the "relics". In reality they were gold chess pieces assembled in a semi-circle.

They were assembled as such on pedestals. The kings were at the north and south of the circle. The Queens were on the right side of each King and the bishops were on the right of each Queen. 

Rooks were on the left side of King and knights were on the left of the Rooks. On the left of the rook was 4 pawns to the left of each other. 

"So Wendy what should we grab?" I asked already resigned that she was the leader of the group. Wendy took to thought for several minutes her orange hair was blazing red in the sun rays.

"I say the queens." Wendy grabbed one at the top right of the first king and Samuel took the one at the bottom right of the second King.

"Well let's get.....What the hell is that noise?" Wendy began as she seemed to hear something long before us and when I finally was able to hear it. The piercing howls of Grimm as the chased a group of four young men.

"Is that?" I began.....

"Yes that would be the four people who are the most chaotic in our initiation. Chaos, Revenge, Mayhem, and Necrosis. They seem to be chased by a ton of Grimm... I believe it's time for us to move." Wendy seemed worried at the force of the Grimm following them that she dashed with us following not far behind.

.....

"Well good news is that we are on stable fighting lands. Bad news is we got nevermores coming and we need to get to the top of the cliff they are attacking from." Wendy looked to me expectantly.

"Have you a way to defend yourself as you fling us up to the cliff?" Wendy looked saddened as I shook my head.

"I am willing however to take one for the team." I smiled as they looked upon me with concern. 

"You sure?" Wendy had a look of sadness on her face as she wanted everyone to make it.

"Yes." I furled and unfurled my wings as I placed my hands under Wendy's arms and without much incident placed her on the cliff.

......

I huffed as I finally got the rest of the team on the ridge of the cliff. I was about to land myself but the cawing of the nevermores grow loudly as a talon wrapped itself around my body sending me and it plummeting to the earth.

"Nix!" Wendy looked like she wanted to jump but was held back by Samuel and Gareth. The Nevermore snapped its jaws at me and...... I braced myself by closing my eyes for the end but I was confused as something heavy was in my hands as I could feel a power place itself in on me. I swung what was in my hand toward the source of the  the shocked crowing of the Nevermore.

I opened my eyes to find a Jet black weapon made from a skull that had a blade embedded in itself at a sharp curved angle. The Snath of the weapon was made of twisted dark oak that curved into a spike at the bottom. 

"Now I will protect my friends." I yell as I began my attack.