Flashback! Origins of the Remnant's beginnings and battle between immortals.

No one's POV 7500 Years in the past.

The sun rose at a normal rate for the citizens of early Remnant. Remnant's people had peace when an Angel came to earth on wings and heir of liquid gold. The being also had eyes so silver they are said to radiate like stars.

That Immortal was the Archangel Michael tasked with protecting humanity and faunus from themselves and the coming evils. He looked upon the worshiping humans with love but told them he was not to be worshiped but was their protector.

Humanity and Faunis lived in peace until an Angel who looked upon the love Michael was receiving with jealousy he fell to Remnant on wings made of shadow his eyes filled  with black blood  this was Mephisto. He was so jealous of Michael receiving the love he believed he deserved he began to slaughter the humans and Faunus alike.

 Mephisto enjoyed the negative emotions so well from the shadows raising from his wings, the first howls could be heard as the bones of the slaughter began to stitch themselves together at Mephisto's beck and call. 

The Humans and Faunus looked on in terror as loved ones remains began to come to life howling at the terror before ripping into them.

Humanity and Faunus where on the brink of extinction as the Grimm began to attack in swarms  in the coming weeks so much so there were only two humans alive as well as two faunus each of the opposite gender. 

They prayed for the help of Michael who came to their aid with heaven's weapon of the elements and taught them how to start slaying the Grimm. 

Mephisto took this as a challenge from Michael who he took deep into the sky while holding the Archangel by the neck. Mephisto eventually breached the sky of Remnant toward the moon. Where Mephisto released Michael. 

As Mephisto could not resist a good fight. Mephisto summoned a mighty sword made of shadow that summoned creatures of Grimm frequently on his command.

Michael summoned a great silver and gold scythe that shot the power of elements on his command.

The battle lasted over 4000 years before the two began to tire. Michael eventually overwhelmed Mephisto as the Grimm decreased in number but found he could not fully kill Mephisto. He sealed him away in a cavern of ice.

However before he was sealed Mephisto sent his power to find a powerful host who happened to be a human. Her name was Salem who unwilling was corrupted by his power. She was forced to summon Grimm to take on humanity.

Michael fought for years protecting humanity before his power began to wane at this moment a powerful female was born in a small town she was however born broken and the humans were about to kill the kid before Michael held them fast. He grabbed the child before looking upon her.

"This girl will be my vessel." Michael spoke commandingly as he transferred his power into the girl causing her eyes to become bright silver. This was the 200 times great Grandmother of Summer Rose. The power passed down through the ages until the events that changed Remnants history again.

......

Events of the Shattering.  6 years ago.

 The day of the bloody battle between Ruby Rose which saw her death along with Nix the current incarnation of Mephisto's power waged ending in both deaths. However Nix was sealed inside Ruby who was tasked with being an Angel to save Remnant from Mephisto's schemes as Michael would have.

However as Michael's power on Remnant waned Mephisto grew stronger before he could start to cause other angels to fall and serve him causing Nix's release from Ruby. Before absorbing her.

Now with a grin on his face. Mephisto broke free from his bonds. Ready to wage war.