WNGS Versus Nevermores part 2

WNGS POV

"Go!" Wendy yelled as Nix picked up Wendy throwing her at the first the air slicing at her face with the g force. 

Wendy landed on the top of the first Nevermore flinging molten plasma onto the bird at close range causing it to hiss in pain as it descended to the ground as its wings deteriorated to the point it could no longer fly.

"Nix attack with Gareth subdue the Nevermore now and let's take it out as a team." Wendy yelled as Nix spread her onyx wings in anticipation of the fight. Wrapping her arms around Gareth as he unsheathed his sword Riptide from the pen. 

Nix dropped Gareth at the base of the head of the Nevermore as Nix wielded Crescent Equinox slicing at the eyes blinding the beast. With a shriek it attempted to try to fly off only to find its wings no longer there. 

Wendy had fried the wings to stubbs cutting through the wings like butter with the plasma.

The chaotic screams of the Nevermore resounded as we jumped to the next one letting the first live a little longer in pain so we could take them all out at once.

"Nix your turn slice through its wings." Wendy yelled to Nix who nodded and started to fly into the air to match the third Nevermore while  Gareth and Samuel took on the 2nd and decapitated it in the air.

The Nevermore I flew after flung feathers down at me and I had to act fast. The first of the Onyx plumage skittered inches from my abdomen as I barrel rolled around it toward the next one that I sliced out of my path. 

I dodged the remaining feathers in  a artful dance that could mean the death of me if done wrong. I finally  reached the face of the beast which smelled similar to death as it screeched into my face then struck out in movement with its beck at my head. 

I dodged the last ditch effort of its beak and flew toward its wings. As I reached them the winds picked up as I sliced through the wings causing the Nevermore to plummet screeching toward the ground before it struck its neck with an audible crack as a tree broke off in its neck before the beast began to disappear in a black dusty haze.

The screeching of the last Nevermore reached as the team was starting to get visibly fatigued. 

"I hope you have a plan!" I yell as the Nevermore dives toward us.

"I am out of ideas." Wendy yelled back the bird getting closer. There had to be a way to stop the bird. 

I looked up and pointed at a bunch of debris hanging from a bunch of vines to Wendy. "Brilliant Nix." She yelled as she fired the plasma up toward the vines as the vines began to melt the Nevermore came underneath only to be crushed under the debris. 

"Well let's get the hell out of here." Samuel wheezed as he was catching his breath. Sweat was visible down his clothing.

"Agreed." Wendy smiled as I began to fly the three members I hoped to be a team with on the cliff. 

Finally the initiation was over. 

.....

Coco's POV

"So you wanted to see me?" I spoke with disdain at dark figure in the doorway. 

"We have much to talk about!" the figure spoke with indifference.