WNGS versus Nevermores Part 1

Nix's POV

The dark sludge flowed around me as I cut through with a tiny bit of difficulty into the nevermore's neck before having its neck finally sever.

My heavy breathing signaled my fatigue the screeching of the Nevermore's approach made me jump. I was too tired to pick up the scythe my only chance to not be injured fell from my grasp. I panted as the Nevermore screeched once more as it approached fast. 

I closed my eyes resigned to take the punishment for my fall. I felt a rush of wind as a several bodies ran past me.

"You may have been unknowing about your weapon but you use it with passion stand." Gareth stood with his now black hair with dark green eyes his hand out raised to me. I accepted his hand allowing myself to raise to my feet.

"Rest allow your friends to help defeat these creatures." Wendy smiled over her shoulder as she had her weapon at ready already having the Nevermores circling us in the air their massive bodies seemed to block the sun.

Gareth stood as he casually handed me my weapon and asked a question that seemed to press into my mind. 

"What will you name it?" Gareth smiled expectantly as I racked my mind.

"Crescent Equinox." The name sounded right as I felt my breathing start to return to normal.

"Well then you ready to help?" Wendy asked as she became antsy.

With determination in my eyes I felt the call to help others out compel me like a force. "Let's do this."