First things First

Vanessa's P.O.V.

*BEEP BEEP* *BEEP BEEP*
"Ugh great....it's too early for this" I say as my hand falls onto the alarm clock. I know today is the day that I'm going to L.A. but it's only seven in the morning and my plane doesn't leave until noon. I get out of bed and head into my bathroom. After taking a shower and doing my hair I head downstairs to see my mom making breakfast.
"Morning sweetie, I made bacon and eggs for you" she says setting a plate down where I was sitting. "Do you have everything packed for L.A.?"
"Yeah all I need to do is grab the rest of my pillows and makeup and I'm good to go." I told her.
"I'm going to go get ready. Your dad will be here in about an hour to drive you there."
"Alright mom, thanks for breakfast!" I yelled as she walked up the stairs to the bathroom.
I finished my breakfast and went into my bedroom to pack the rest of my things. I can't wait to start college but I wish there was one a little closer to Minnesota. Minnesota is more of an agriculture place. Don't get me wrong I love it here but I've wanted to be an actor since I was little and California is apparently the best place to do so. By the time I'm done packing my stuff the clock says 9:30 I still had about thirty minutes before my dad showed up so I decided to watch my recorded episode of last night's Glee. I don't really care for the story line of the show, but one of my celebrity crushes plays in it - Riker Lynch. I absolutely love him. He looks perfect, she sings like an angel, and (from watching YouTube videos of him and his family band R5) I can tell that he is sweet/caring/funny/and he loves what he does. But I can't forget about my other celebrity crush Harry Styles of One Direction. I could say all those things about both of them. Riker and Harry are the only two celebrities I actually care for, (with the exception of their families and band mates of course, but I don't love them the way I do Riker and Harry). Those boys are another reason I can't wait to get to L.A. Performing Arts, I might actually meet them.
"Charlotte I'm home! Vanessa where are you!" I hear my dad yell.
"I'm in here daddy, how was work?" I respond
"It was fine, but I kept thinking about you going off to college half way across the country. You are so grown up!" He says as he starts to tear up.
"Daddy I say as I hug him, I'll be back for holidays and stuff. and during the summer too if I don't get an audition anywhere." I say trying to comfort him.
"I know it's just your my baby girl, my only child, this house is going to be so empty without you here"
"Well Chris, you and I would get some alone time...." My mom says causing me and my dad to turn around.
"Mom!!!" I say covering my ears in disgust. I hate it when my parents talk dirty around me.
"Come on Vanessa we should start heading to the airport, it will take about an hour to get there." My dad said standing up.
" o.k. Let me grab my suitcases and boxes." I ran up the stairs as fast as I could. I had two suitcases full of clothes, those my mom took to the van. I also had a box full of my favorite books and magazines, one full of art supplies, one full of makeup hair supplies and jewelry, and the last one full of pillows blankets and one or two of my stuffed animals. As my dad took three of the boxes to the van I grabbed my purse and made sure I had my ticket phone and wallet in it. I strapped it around me and grabbed the last box and headed to the van. California here I come!