Surprises one through three

Harry's P.O.V.

I took Vanessa outside, where I helped her into my rental car. I put a blindfold on her so she couldn't see where we were going. I was going to take her on the classic movie and dinner date. But since it was still morning I decided to take her to a few places first. The first stop was a brand new book store. I know Vanessa loves to read so I decided to let her pick out a few new ones.

"k. you can take your blindfold off now. I know it's not much but this is just the first stop." I told her opening up her door.

"ooo-a book store!" She cheered.

"you can pick out as many as you want." I said watching her take off. She came back with a series by Anthony Horowitz called 'The Gate-Keepers'. There were 5 books in the series so i knew it would keep her busy a while. The second stop we went to was a shop called 'Creative Arts'. Vanessa has been wanting to draw and paint things for a while. I got her 2 lined notebooks, 2 drawing notebooks, a pack of 50 felt-tip markers, a pack of 5 different colored ballpoint pens, ands a pack of ten pencils that came with an sharpener. She was so happy. Our third stop wasn't going to be a short one. I had paid for a park to be closed all day. Here Vanessa and I would eat lunch and Vanessa could let her inner child out, which she seems to find a way to do everyday anyway.

"so what do you want to do first?" I asked her.

"I really don't know." she said struggling to decided. i could tell she was having fun, and the date wasn't even over yet. "Why don't you decide for me"

"I think we should build up an appetite first." I said bringing her towards the park. There was so much to do here. They had a swing set, 5 different length slides, some-what tall monkey bars, moving stairs, a see-saw, and a merry-go-round. Me and Vanessa had a contest to see who could swing higher, I twirled her on the merry-go-round, we hung upside down on the monkey bars, raced up and down the slides, and relaxed a little on the see-saw. After playing for a bit more we decided it was time for lunch. I went to the car and pulled out the basket and blanket. We sat there for an hour eating and talking, then spent some time lying on the blanket watching the clouds roll by.

"aww, that one looks like a bunny." She said pointing at a cloud.

"That one looks like a bouquet of flowers." I said towards another cloud.

"There's one that looks like a heart." She smiled.

"and that one looks like it's about to rain." I told her as small raindrops started to come down. We quickly packed up and got in the car just before the rain came crashing down. We laughed at how we almost got drenched. I seen the clock was showing 3pm, just enough time for my last two surprises.