Its all good....mostly

A week after the meet and greet...

Riker's P.O.V.

I was sitting by myself inside of Vanessa's hospital room. She still hasn't woken up but most of the tubes in her body were gone. They had an IV dripping nutrients into her body and she was breathing through a nose piece. I had been coming to see her almost everyday, still hurting inside knowing I did this to her. The doctors kept telling me 'she is fine, it's just a matter of when she wants to wake up'. But I know that is just doctor term for 'leave her alone, she's in a coma, she might not even wake up'. As soon as I thought that though I felt the bed shift. I looked up to Vanessa's eyes and I could see them fluttering. Slowly, very slowly, her eyes came open.

"Vanessa...." I said very softly as a smile came to my face for the first time in a week. She looked at me with a puzzled look on her face.

"Who are you?!?" She asked me a little worried.

"I'm Riker...your boyfriend..." I said the smile disappearing.

"I don't think I have a boyfriend...or even know someone named Riker." She responded.

"You don't remember me...." I said almost crying.

"No sorry....do you know what happened to me??...." She asked.

"We were on a date jet skiing at a lake, and our jet ski was broken. We were about to go over a jump and I had pushed you off knowing we would crash land. You would've been fine but some seaweed had wrapped around you drowning you. I came back to get you...pulled the seaweed off of you and dragged you to shore. " I said as a tear came down remembering the whole thing. She just nodded her head taking in the whole story.

"I'm going to make a phone call..." I told her stepping out of the room. On the second ring Ross picked up.

"Hey Riker! Is everything o.k.?" Ross asked.

"Yeah...everything is perfect....almost." I sighed.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Vanessa woke up...."

"That's great news!! But why are you still upset?"

"She has amnesia. She don't remember me Ross." I said starting to cry even more.

"I'll go grab Jade from college and we'll be right over!" He said hanging up.

Jade's P.O.V.

I was sitting in a class trying to learn about which patterns of clothing should never go together, which are o.k. together, and which are always paired together. You'd think it would be a short lecture but the teacher kept stopping to tell about the histories of each pattern. I was almost falling asleep when I heard the door open. Usually nobody goes in or out until the bell rings unless it's an emergency. I was hoping it would get me out of class. 30 seconds later I felt someone tapping on my shoulder. I looked to see Ross motioning for me to come with him. I packed up my books and took off after Ross. As soon as I was outside the classroom Ross grabbed my hand and we ran to his car. In the car Ross had told me the news on Vanessa.

"Wow, so she really don't remember him, huh." I said as he finished.

"That's what Riker said when he called me a little bit ago." He responded. "We're going to go there to see how bad it is." About 20 minutes later we reached the parking lot and got out of the car. We walked into the hospital hand in hand and walked towards Vanessa's room. We spotted Riker sitting outside.

"Hey, Riker how you holding up?" I asked him in the gentlest way I could.

"Besides my girlfriend not recognizing me, pretty good." He said.

"Hi Riker! Who are these guys, more friends of yours?" Vanessa had asked.

"This is my brother Ross, and this is your college roommate and Ross's girlfriend Jade." Riker said starting to tear up again because she didn't remember us either. I heard a familiar song come on one of the commercials the t.v. was now playing. The song was SOML.

"Oh....that curly haired guy is cute, and his voice is amazing!" She said blushing a little. "What is his name? And who is this band?"

"The group is One Direction, the song is 'story of my life' and the curly haired boy is Harry. You actually met him a week ago." I told her.

"I think I remember him..." She said smiling. At least she remembers Harry.