two

"Mr. Alaric Saltzman?" Mark asks this blonde older man. Alaric isn't that old. He seems about 30.

"Yes, you must be Zara Rose" Alaric says smiling and putting his hand out for me to shake it. I roll my eyes and fold my arms. He pursed his lips and puts his hand down.

"Give her time to adjust," Mark says to him and pats my back. "Give him a chance Zara."

"Come on in, I made some mac and cheese," Alaric says. Okay so 30 year old men eat Mac and Cheese? Hes off to a bad start, I hate Mac and Cheese.

"No thanks," I say coming in and sitting on the couch. His place was pretty nice, sleek. Most of the things were either black or white. The furniture and the TV was black but the rug on the wood floor was white.

"So want me to show you your room?" he says scratching his neck. I look at him and nod. He puts a hand out gesturing me to go before him. I start walking in front of him towards the hallway while he picks up my bag and walks behind me. Why am I walking in front of him? He's the one that's supposed to be showing me where my room is.

"Zara," he says softly like I was going to hurt him, "its in here," he says pointing to a closed door. I walk to the door and open it. I walk in and twirl. This place is absolutely gorgeous. The whole room was white. White sheets, white blanket, white walls, white desk, white nightstand.

"I didn't know what color you liked so I decided to go with a universally accepted color," he says as he puts my bags in my room. I can live with this. I get onto the bed and lay down. I'm pretty sure I deserve a long nap after today. I woke up at 4 a.m. because I couldn't sleep and then the lawyer dude told me to get ready right when I was about to watch some Criminal Minds. You don't get in between a woman's Netflix shows. He understood that after our little talk on the way to the meeting room.

Alaric seems like an alright guy. But he really messed up with the Mac and Cheese. You're going to be having another person come live with you. She is going to be like a child for you and the first meal you cook her Mac and Cheese seriously? I punch my pillow and turn over. No good is going to come from thinking too much.

Before I could fall asleep there was a knock on the door.