three

"I'm going for a walk," I say coming out of my room and walking down the hallway. This guy has been talking to Alaric about some weird things and I needed to get out of the house. They were talking about some creature creeping in the dark in the woods or something. They really wanted to kill the creature with a steak.

As I was about to go out the door, Alaric stops me. I look up at him with a glare.

"Its dangerous to be walking outside alone," Alaric says and puts a hand on the open door in my hand. "Come meet my friend Stefan," he says as he easily pushes the door shut and gestures towards the man sitting on the dinner table.

He was actually quite good looking. He has soft brown eyes and a baby face. His brown hair is swept back and he's wearing a leather jacket. He dresses up like a 'bad boy' but doesn't really look like one.

He starts moving towards me and puts his hand out. "Hey Zara, nice to meet you. I know this old man made you Mac and Cheese, that's why I got you some things that you might like," he says laughing. I walk around them and look through the bag. He brought some Takis and some fruits. Wow, this guy knows how to make a girl happy.

I grab the bag and sit on the couch.

"See, I can take care of her," Stefan says to Alaric.

"Aw only Mama takes care of you?" The man with the gun cooed at me. I keep my mouth shut and held on to my mothers hand tighter. "Now we'll make sure Mama can't take care of you anymore," he says and grabs my mom who was sitting right beside me. "No please don't," I cry loudly. He just laughs out loud.

I snap out of the flashback and run out the door. I start running in the streets.

"Zara come back," Stefan yells from behind me. I keep running until a police car comes in front of me. A blonde with gorgeous blue eyes comes out of the car.