thirteen

"Honey, I'm home," Alaric yells. I shake my head and walk out of my room. "I'm not your honey," I say chuckling. "Yeah I know, but you're like a daughter to me. I can call my daughter honey," he says coming over to me and kissing my forehead. Over the past few days, Alaric and I have gotten closer.

"So how was your day," he asks me as he sits on the couch with a sigh. Oh I don't know, Matt and I almost kissed for the second time and now I gotta stay away from him for both of our sakes. "It was pretty boring, how was yours," I ask him sitting next to him. "I kind of feel bad that you can't go anywhere when I'm not home. I think I'll allow you to go out. But you have to call me before you leave and tell me where you're going and then tell me when you came back," he says completely ignoring my question.

"Really, thanks," I say excitedly. He laughs, "My day was eventful. Apparently there are some vampires on campus, well other than Caroline," he says as a matter of fact. "Whoa, Caroline is a vampire? Bonnie is a witch. Damon and Stefan are vampires. Do you have any normal friends," I ask shaking my head.

He chuckles, "Hey, I got you and Matt don't I." Please don't bring his name up, I want to ignore him.

"That reminds me, next week we are having a little get together if you want to come. I'll understand if you don't, but I promise you, I won't let Damon do anything to you," he says. I nod, "I'll think about it."

He nods and gets up. He's usually hungry after school. This man only has one schedule everyday. He eats, goes to school, comes back, eats, grades papers, goes to sleep.

I walk over to my room and lay there. If my mom was here, she would know what to do with Matt. I really like being around him, but is it a friendly like or more?

"Mommy, mommy. Adam doesn't let me play on the swings. He pushes me off and swings himself," I say as I point at Adam having fun on the swing I was on before. Everyday after school, mom and I would go to the playground and play. And everyday, Adam Keller would push me off the swings.

"You know, they say that if a guy is mean to you, it means he likes you," she says patting my head.

That was about 10 years ago. I've never really been in this kind of situation I have with Matt before. I don't know what she would say.