twenty-tres

I told Matt the whole story. From the part where my father lied to get through the door to "see me one last time" to the part where he was shot when he was holding me hostage.

My father had been in a mental institution for murdering little children all over the state. The court thought he just had a mental problem so they sent him to a mental institution. He was out of there in 6 years. That day, my mother thought he was. alright. The mental institution was saying he was completely fine now so she let that murderer enter our front door.

"You are safe now. That's all your mother wants," Matt says. I made a weird noise out of my throat. I really wanted to cry, I wanted to cry so bad, to wash away the pain.

"You know, when your mother told you not to cry over anyone she didn't mean don't cry at all. That's very unhealthy. "She just meant to not show weakness, to stay strong over anyone who is bothering you," he says.

Just as he says that my tears started to pour down my face without permission. I don't want to cry, crying is a sign of weakness.

He runs his fingers through my hair trying to calm me down, but I just couldn't stop crying. It all just poured out.

I am at my weakest point right now, I'm vulnerable. I'm vulnerable in front of Matt.