nine

"Matt are you there," I say in a panic.

"Yeah Zara? Why are you calling me from Stefan's phone," he asks me. I hear a table break outside. Stefan is really trying to stop Damon, I'm sure Damon would have broken the door between him and I a long time ago.

"Long story, can you come get me? Damon is actually a crazy vampire and he is going to eat me," I say breathing really fast. Vampire's are actually real. I can't believe it. Is this a dream? Do vampires eat people? Do they just suck peoples blood? He seemed pretty satisfied drinking that blood bag.

"Yeah, yeah I'm coming right now. Just stay on the phone," He says pausing in between his 'yeah.' I hear some ruffling and a car engine start.

When Damon had a hold of me, Stefan ripped him off and held him back. I was just going to hide in this room, but I saw a phone on the table I had bumped into so I grabbed it. I ran into the room and then checked the history. I was mostly looking for Alaric's number, but then I saw Matt's number.

"You still there," Matt asks. I breathe out slowly, "Yeah, I'm here. The fighting outside stopped and its kind of freaking me out. Should I go outside?"

"No, stay where you are. I'm at the front door, I'm coming," he says. I sigh.

There was a breaking noise outside. I slowly get up and open the door peeking outside. It was Matt breaking down the door. I open the door more and make sure the coast is clear before I run over to him and hug him.

He puts his arms around me and hushes me.

"You're okay, you're safe," he says as he rubs my head with his hand, "I can feel how fast your heartbeat is."

"Thank you for coming. I didn't want to call Alaric because I know he works a little far away from here an-" I say but Matt stops me. "You don't need to explain yourself. I'm clad you called. I'm here for you, it's my job after all," He says chuckling. I smile and start pulling back from the hug. He kisses my forehead and we start heading towards his car.

"So, why didn't you think I was crazy when I said Damon was a vampire."