Gajevy: These Little Hands

This one is for my Wifey BambooGreen because she has been down and wanted fluff. So have some fluff. <3

~~~

"Ng," I grumbled, feeling something tickling my face. I had been up all night writing reports for the council, and I knew I hadn't been asleep that long. So I wasn't quite ready to get out of bed yet.

"Levy," a soft voice murmured as the tickling continued. I swatted at it, but something caught my hand. When there was a low chuckle, I cracked my eyes open, knowing who it was.

"Gajeel," I frowned, "I'm exhausted. Go away."

He chuckled again, this time wrapping his arms around me and pulling me against his chest. We had been seeing each other for close to 8 months now, and he had gotten quite used to sleeping like that. And I didn't mind getting to use him as a body pillow.

Most of the time.

"It's almost noon, Shrimp. Time to wake up."

"It's our day off," I protested, looking up at him.

He smiled, placing a kiss on my forehead. "How late did you stay up?"

"It was daylight when I left the office," I shrugged.

He sighed, poking me on the cheek. "I told ya I'd help finish them today."

"I know," I sighed, laying my head against his chest, "but I wanted to get them done last night so that we could enjoy our day off."

"We can't enjoy it if you sleep through the whole thing," he teased.

"Can we just lay here a little while longer?" I asked, grabbing his hand. "I promise I'll be ready to go in just a bit."

He nodded, adjusting himself more comfortably on the bed. "Fine."

Although I had planned on going back to sleep, he made that difficult as he played with my hand, still holding it in his own. No matter how many times he held it, I was always amazed at how much bigger his hands were then mine. He could wrap his fingers around my hand with no problem, and still hold onto it loosely. His fingers were long, nearly the length of my entire hand, and I loved the way they felt intertwined with mine.

"I thought you were going back to sleep," he murmured after several long moments.

"When you do that I can't," I complained.

He grinned. "I know, but your hands are so tiny. And soft."

"And you love holding them," I giggled.

"And I love holding them," he agreed. It was a little strange hearing him talk like that, because he was never so open around the others. But when it was just the two of us, he was always telling me that he loved me, or that he loved being with me, and it made my heart pound in my chest.

"We could just stay in today," I said, watching as he continued playing with my hand.

"No can do, Shrimp," he told me, shaking his head. "I made plans already."

"Plans for what?" I asked, a little surprised he had turned down the offer.

"For our day off." He grinned down at me. "We haven't gone on a date in a while, so today we are."

"Oh really?" I raised an eyebrow, smiling. "And where are we going?"

"I heard that the Fiore National Library in Crocus was having a book fair or somethin' today, so I thought maybe you'd like to go. And then we can go to dinner somewhere after, before coming home. What do ya think?"

"I think that sounds marvelous," I said, kissing him before laying my head back down on his chest. "Are you sure you want to go to a book fair, though? I know you hate those types of things."

"But I know you love them, so I'll get over it. As long as you're happy." He brought my hand up to his lips, placing a soft kiss on my fingers.

I smiled, watching as he placed a kiss on each of my fingers. When he finished, he went back to playing with my hand, pressing his against it, our fingers extended. He could bend his fingers down over the tips of mine, they were that much longer. I giggled when he did, causing him to glance at me.

"What?"

"You look like you're really thinking about something as you're playing with my hand," I said. "Is it how tiny mine look compared to yours?"

"Not really," he shrugged, looking almost embarrassed. "I was thinking how amazing you are. With tiny little hands like this, you cast such powerful spells, writing all sorts of things to help out in battle. You've saved my ass more than a few times. All with these little hands."

I felt the heat burning my cheeks before I could stop it. I knew my face was scarlet as his eyes met mine, but I couldn't pull away. When he smiled at me, I placed my hand on his face, smiling back at him.

"And these little hands will just keep saving your ass, so you'd better just get used to it."

He chuckled, resting his hand over mine as he kissed me. "How about that book fair?" He asked.

I smiled, nodding. "I think I'm ready now."

~~~

There ya go! I hope you liked it! ^_^

I haven't updated in my one-shots in FOREVER, so I'm going to try really hard to write some this summer. I lost my request list for a few months (my notebook got eaten by my bedroom...) but I found it, so I know who requested what, and in what order! 

I have quite a few things to do within the next couple of weeks, so I don't know how much I'll get done in that time, but afterwards I'd really like to focus on writing for pleasure, not for school. So! Here's to hoping! :D