Gajevy: Over the Shoulder

This one wasn't on my list, but it's one I wrote a while back for Gajevy Week on Tumblr and never posted. So, here ya go! <3

~~~ 

Finally home. I sighed, throwing my bags on the floor after closing the front door behind me. I had been away on a mission for over a week, and the strenuous mixed with riding the damned train for four hours left me feeling completely exhausted. I wanted to climb straight into bed and sleep for three days.

But, there was something I wanted to do even more than sleep. Following a familiar sound into the upstairs bedroom, I peeked through the doorway, chuckling at the sight inside.

The twins were dressed up in Levy's clothes, both of the three-year-olds sporting crowns made out of construction paper. Silas, just three years older than the twins, was dressed in one of Levy's dresses, and was allowing Shutora to slather makeup on his face while Yaje tied his black hair up in different colored bows.

All three stopped when they saw me, immediately getting to their feet and running towards me. "DADDY!!"

I sat on my knees, opening my arms to wrap them all in a tight hug. "How have my favorite mini Redfoxes been?" I asked, chuckling.

"We turned Silas into a princess!" Shutora exclaimed, excitedly.

"I can see that," I smirked. "Does your mother know you've been playing in her things?"

"She told me to watch them while she took a shower," Silas said, grinning from ear to ear.

"Then it's your job to help them wash all the makeup off the three of you," I told him, smiling as the three took off towards the second bathroom.

As I was about to stand up, arms wrapped around my shoulders from behind. "Welcome home," Levy said, kissing me on the cheek.

I grabbed her hands, squeezing them. "It's good to be home. I missed those three."

"And what about your loving wife, who stayed home with them this time while you went out on a job?" She teased.

I leaned my head back, meeting her lips in a kiss. "I plan to show you exactly how much I missed you after we put the kids in bed."

She giggled, and I realized how much I had missed the sound, even after just a week. "I hope you know that, as excited as they are, none of them will be going to bed anytime soon."

"Then I guess I'll settle for this," I said, leaning my head back against her and sighing contently.

"You should get some rest while I get those three cleaned up. I'm sure they'll want to hear all about your trip."

"I can go clean them up," I told her, rubbing her arms. "You can pick a movie lacrima and pop some popcorn while I do that, then we can all watch a movie together."

"Are you sure?" She asked, looking down at me. "Aren't you tired?"

"I'm never too tired for my shrimps," I smirked, laughing when she pouted and pinched my cheek.

The pout quickly turned into a smile, however, and she propped her head on my shoulder, kissing me on the neck by my ear. "I love you, Gajeel. I don't think I could have asked for a better husband."

"And I couldn't have dreamt of a better wife," I smiled. "I love you too, Levy."

"Mommy! Daddy! We made a water fountain!" Yaje squealed excitedly from the bathroom.

Levy and I both groaned, and she gave me a quick peck on the cheek before getting to her feet and going towards the door. "I'll make the popcorn!"

"Here we go," I smiled to myself, walking towards the sound of running water and little feet splashing in puddles.