Miraxus: Sugar

“Let's see,” I mumbled, looking around the guildhall. I smiled to myself at my silent scheming. It was my goal to have my “ships” together by the end of the week.

“What are you grinning about, Mirajane?” I jumped when suddenly Laxus appeared in front of me. He leaned across the bar, raising an eyebrow at me.

“Nothing,” I shrugged, quickly turning away from him. I focused my attention on the glass in my hands, and began drying it off.

“I know that look,” he chuckled, “you're planning something, aren't you?”

“Not at all,” I smiled, innocently.

“Uh-huh,” he said. “You forget that we grew up together. You always got that shitty little grim when you were scheming things in your head.”

I huffed at him, and went back to cleaning. Now, how am I going to pull this off? Natsu and Lucy will be easy to talk into it, because they're practically dating anyways. Juvia will be all for it, because she's in love with Gray, but he will need a little convincing. As for Gajeel and Levy... I looked at the two of them, secretly glancing at each other from across the guildhall...they're both too dense to realize they like each other, so they'll need the biggest nudge.

I giggled, looking forward to the work ahead. I enjoyed nothing more than seeing people happy, so I wanted to help them along in their relationships. Which they would have. They just needed a little help from me to get the ball rolling.

“Hey, Lucy, could I talk to you for a moment?” I asked, waving at the blonde.

Smiling, she came over to the bar, “what's up, Mira?”

“I have something special planned for a few of our guild mates, so I was hoping you could relay a small message to them,” I said.

“Sure,” she nodded, “what's the message?”

“I'm going to have a small training exercise for you, Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Levy, and Gajeel,” I told her, sliding a small piece of paper across the bar to her, “and I need all of you to meet me at this location.”

Lucy opened the paper and frowned. “But Mira, this is—“

“I know,” I smiled, “could you please tell them all to meet me there?”

“Yeah, sure,” Lucy said, “though I'm a little confused how that will have anything to do with training.”

“It's a surprise,” I giggled, sending her off with a wink.

“I knew you were scheming something,” Laxus said after Lucy had gone. “I saw the address on the paper. Tell me, what does an amusement park have anything to do with training?”

“I don't know what you're talking about,” I shrugged, propping my elbow on the table and laying my head in my hand. I continued watching the six of them around the guildhall, smiling at all of their different responses to my request.

“You're always so focused on everyone around you,” Laxus commented.

“Is that a bad thing?” I asked, still watching the others.

“It is if you're missing what's standing right in front of you.”

My eyes shot to him, startled, as he got up and left the guildhall. What did he mean by that just now? I felt my face heat up when I thought about what I hoped he had meant by it. I had had a crush on Laxus since we were children, so I would be beyond myself with happiness if he actually liked me in return.

Don't get too excited, Mira, I thought with a dejected sigh, Laxus isn't the type to like someone. He was always so focused on his magic that I was sure he wouldn't have time to even think about liking anyone. “Especially not me,” I mumbled, getting back to work.