Jet Loves...Gajeel?!

So...yes....you read the title correctly. This is a Jet x Gajeel one-shot, as requested by K-chan. XD Well, it's kind of Jet x Gajeel... Ha! Hope you like it, K-chan! ;P 

 I frowned, watching that stupid metal head flirt with Levy. He was sitting directly in front of her on the grass, and their knees were practically touching. Stupid Gajeel.

“Jet!” Droy punched me on the arm, getting my attention.

“What?” I snapped, looking away from Levy and Gajeel.

“You were grumbling to yourself again.”

“Yeah?” I asked, frowning. “So what?”

“Gajeel again?” Droy asked, looking over at the duo. The guild was having a picnic since it was such a nice day, so Droy and I were sharing a blanket not far from where Levy and Gajeel were sitting.

“Tch. I don't know what Levy sees in that guy. He's a total blockhead.”

“That may be true, but he has saved her life plenty of times,” Droy said.

We could have done that,” I snapped, “if we had been there.”

“But we weren't.”

“I know that!”

“Are you two enjoying the picnic?” I hadn't even noticed Levy as she approached us. She took a seat on the blanket between us, smiling.

“The food's great,” Droy nodded. He glanced at me, then leaned close to Levy, whispering, “Jet's been too worried about Gajeel to enjoy himself.”

“Shut the hell up!” I shot at him, feeling heat burn my cheeks as Levy giggled.

“He's honestly not that bad,” she told me.

“Tch.” I crossed my arms and looked away, trying to focus on anything but her amused grin.

When she left, I sighed and got to my feet. “I'm heading home early. See you later, Droy.”

“You're leaving already?”

“Yeah,” I shrugged. “I'm not in a picnic mood today.”

“Alright,” Droy said, “your loss. The food is great.”

“I'll take your word on it,” I chuckled.

I sat down heavily on the sofa when I got home, still angry at Gajeel for some reason. Although he had made up for what he had done to Shadow Gear during the war with Phantom Lord, I still hated to see him with Levy. I bugged me whenever they were together, and put me in an extremely bad mood if they went on a job alone together. Damn. This guy is really getting under my skin.

“Jet?” I heard Levy's voice when there was a gentle knock on my door.

“Levy?” I asked, opening the door and inviting her inside my apartment. “What are you doing here? Aren't you supposed to be at the picnic?”

“Droy told me you left early,” she said. “Is everything alright?” I felt guilty when she looked up at me with concern written all over her face.

“I'm fine, Levy,” I told her, smiling. “I just wasn't in the mood for a picnic.”

“Alright,” she sighed, taking a seat on the sofa and patting the cushion next to her, “tell me what's bothering you.”

“Nothing's bothering—“

“Jet,” she smiled, “I've known you forever. Don't you think I can tell when you're lying?”