Bixanna: Welcome Home

I watched in shock as a teary-eyed Mirajane and Elfman entered the guildhall, followed by Lisanna. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Is that really her? Even as the guild burst into tearful excitement, and everyone greeted our old friend, I couldn’t believe it.

I sat on the second floor railing all night, watching as she was passed from member to member. She explained to everyone what had happened, and how she had lived in Edolas for the two years we thought she was dead.

“Aren’t you going to talk to her?” Freed asked, standing beside me.

“She’s busy,” I said.

“Bixlow, I’m sure she wants to see you,” he sighed. “It has been two years.”

“Exactly,” I frowned. “What if she doesn’t feel the same as she did back then?”

“You never know until you ask her,” he told me, leaving me alone once more.

I frowned, my eyes returning to Lisanna. She was smiling so happily as tears filled her eyes and everyone hugged her. I wanted to be a part of that, but I couldn’t bring myself to go downstairs. Right before she had gone on that mission with Mirajane and Elfman two years ago, I had worked up the nerve and finally confessed to her. She had told me she loved me, too. I had been the happiest day of my life—until Mira and Elfman returned to Fairy Tail that night.

I had mourned her death for a long time, and I didn’t think I had really ever fully gotten over it. But, seeing her now, very much alive—and so happy—made my chest throb with longing. I had missed her more than I had admitted even to myself.

She was away for two years, though. If she even remembers my confession, I doubt she still feels the same way. For all I know, she fell in love with another guy in Edolas. I wouldn’t have blamed her if she did. At the time, she didn’t know if she would ever return to Earthland, so moving on would have only made sense. That was why I couldn’t bring myself to go talk to her. If she really had moved on, I would be crushed all over again. Even after two long years of her being gone, I still loved her as much as I did the day I confessed. Watching her beautiful face as she smiled at everyone, I thought I might even love her more than I did back then.

“Hello, Bixlow.” I jumped, startled, when someone said my name. Lisanna was standing beside me, smiling timidly. “How are you?”

“You know,” I shrugged, trying not to give away how hard my heart was hammering against my chest, “the usual.”

Her smile brightened a little as she chuckled. “You haven’t changed much, I see. Well, apart from the new get-up. What’s with the helmet?”

“You don’t like it?” I teased, mocking a hurt tone.

She smirked, reaching forward to take it off. Involuntarily, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into a hug. Knowing I couldn’t go back now that I had already done something stupid, I wrapped my other arm around her. She gasped, but didn’t try to pull away.

“I’m glad you came back,” I told her, quietly.

“Me too,” she whispered, hugging me tightly. “I missed you, Bixlow. I missed you so much.” Her voice cracked, and I thought she might be crying as she buried her face in my shirt.

A weird lump formed in my throat when she said that, so I attempted to clear it in order to speak. The action only made it worse, so I remained silent as we stood there, our arms around each other.

“Bixlow?” Lisanna asked, pulling away slightly.

“What?”

“I still love you, you know,” she smiled, a faint blush coloring her cheeks.

“You do?” I was shocked. How did she know I was worried about that?

With a chuckle, she took off my helmet and met my eyes. “I do. I never stopped loving you, Bixlow.”

“Me either,” I admitted. A weight lifted off my chest as I spoke, and I smiled at her.

“Really?” She asked, never taking her eyes away from mine.

Instead of answering, I cupped her face in my hands and kissed her. Her lips were soft, and I knew I would never be able to get enough of them. When she pulled away a few moments later, I sighed, reluctantly letting her go.

She blushed furiously when she realized the entire guild was gawking at us. Elfman was shouting something that was probably supposed to be threatening, but I didn’t really pay attention. The rest of the guild had knowing smirks plastered across their faces, which annoyed the hell out of me.

“Mind your own business,” I snapped at them, causing a few people to chuckle. The party soon retuned in full swing, and I turned back to Lisanna, smiling. “Welcome home, Lis.”

She grabbed my hand, offering me the most beautiful smile I had ever seen. “Thank you, Bixlow.”

AH! This was my first Bixanna, and I must say that I LOVE this couple now!! X3 They are so freaking adorable!! <3 

This one was for @Gajeel_Redfox257! I hope you liked it! (:

Next up will be Harla/Cappy and then another Bixanna! ^_^ (I also have Luffy x Nami and Ichigo x Orihime one-shots coming up in "Random Writings" if you're interested!)