Elfgreen: Ready

I groaned, watching as Elfman marched over to where I was sitting with Freed, Laxus, and Bixlow. Elfman, you idiot. What could it be, now?

“Evergreen,” he frowned, stopping beside the table, “can we talk?”

“About?” I asked, sending him a later look and praying the others hadn’t seen it.

“You know,” he said, sending me a don’t tempt me to blurt it out right here look in return.

“Fine,” I sighed, ignoring Bixlow’s snickering as I stood and followed Elfman to the second floor where we could talk in private. So late in the evening there weren’t many people in the guild, so the upstairs was always free. “So, what is it?” I asked, crossing my arms.

“Ever, I’m tired of this,” he said.

My arms fell to my sides as I stared at him. “Wait, are you breaking up with me?” I asked, stunned. We had been dating in secret for nearly three months, and everything—I thought—had been going absolutely wonderful.

“No, never,” he frowned. “I’m just tired of always sneaking around. Why can’t we go on a date like a normal couple? One where I pick you up at Fairy Hills and walk you home instead of going all the way to the next town so that no one from the guild sees us.”

“Why mess with a good thing?” I asked, trying to act casual. Honestly, the idea of holding Elfman’s hand in the guildhall, and having him pick me up from Fairy Hills sounded incredible. But it also sounded terrifying.

I had always prided myself on being a woman who didn’t need a man, one who would never settle down with a nice guy. But, after being Elfman’s partner for the S-Class exams, that had all changed. I found myself wanting to spend more and more time with him. Before I knew it, he had asked me out, and I had said yes. But, I had still made him promise to keep it a secret from the guild, afraid of what they would all think. It wasn’t because I was ashamed of Elfman. On the contrary, I love to show him off. I just…couldn’t bring myself to actually do it.

“Ever,” he sighed, sounding annoyed, “we wouldn’t be messing with anything. If we’re dating, we should be open about it. Especially to the guild.”

“Why does anyone need to know? If we’re happy that’s all that matters, right?”

“I’m not happy,” Elfman said, meeting my eyes.

“Y-You’re not?” Again, I though he had been happy. He seemed cheerful enough whenever we went out, so I couldn’t believe I hadn’t seen that he was unhappy

“Listen,” he sighed, grabbing my hands, “I love you, Evergreen, and I hate having to hide it. If we’re happy together, the guild will be happy too. Don’t you want that?”

“Aren’t you afraid of what they’ll think? What if your sisters don’t think I’m good enough for you?” I asked, admitting more of my fears than I would have liked to.

“Is that what this is about?” He pulled me against his large chest, sighing again. “My sisters both love you. Lisanna has already been on the stupid couples’ crusade with that damned Bixlow to try and set us up, and I know Mirajane would be happy for the two of us. Everyone would.”

“You really think so?” I asked, soaking in his warmth as I leaned into him. It was calming, making all of my former worries seem silly.

“I do,” he nodded. “So, what do you say,” he stepped back, holding out his hand as he smiled at me, “ready to go tell our guild mates the good news?”

I returned his smile, clutching his large hand. I realized how foolish I had been in trying to keep something so amazing a secret. Elfman was such a sweet guy. He could be more muscle than brains at times, and he tried way too hard, but he was always thinking of me. Even before we had begun dating he had gone out of his way to make me smile. I really do love this big oaf. Since we loved each other, there was no reason to care what anyone else thought.  

“Ready.”

This one was another one for my SIL!! ^_^ 

It was also my first Elfgreen, and I must say that I love these two. X3 At first, I didn't really like this couple, but the more I read/write about them, the more I really do think they're perfect for each other. The cuties. <3

Next is a Levy x Lucy!!