RoWen: My First Date

Before you read: SPOILERS!!!

In the newer manga chapters Wendy's ~~~~SPOILERS~~~~hair is short, so that's how it will be for this one-shot.  (It's not really a big spoiler, but, yeah. XD)

 “Good morning, Romeo,” I smiled in greeting as he sat beside me at the bar.

            “G-Good morning, Wendy,” Romeo nodded, staring down at the bar as he spoke.

            “Is everything alright?” I asked. He was usually so upbeat.

            “Everything’s fine,” he said, still staring at the bar.

            “It—“

            “Are you busy today?” He asked, abruptly, looking up at me.

            “No,” I told him, startled.

            “Do—Do you want to go shopping with me?”

            “Shopping?” I asked, confused.

            “Dad wanted me to get a few things for him,” he explained.

            “Oh,” I smiled, “sure. I’d love to go with you.”

            He blushed a little as he stood up. “G-Great. I’ll come find you after breakfast.” I watched, a little confused, as he ran off.

            “What was that all about?” I pondered, returning to my toast.

            “Really, child,” Carla sighed.

            “What?” I asked.

            “He was obviously asking you on a date,” she said.

            My eyes grew wide as I watched her sip her tea. “D-Date?!” I squeaked, feeling my entire face turn pink.

            “Yes, child, a date,” she told me. “Couldn’t you tell by the way he was fidgeting around?”

            “I could tell he was nervous, but—“ I shook my head. “Oh, that can’t be it! Romeo definitely doesn’t like me.”

            “Of course he does,” Carla said, matter-of-factly. “He has since we all came back from Tenrou Island.”

            “If this is a date, then I’m really under-dressed,” I moaned, looking down at my outfit. I was wearing a pink shirt that had two purple stripes going down either side, and a purple bow at the top. I wore simple black leggings and a pair of black ankle-boots with it, so there was nothing fancy about my attire at all.

            “You look fine,” Carla chuckled.

            “You think so?” I asked, running my fingers through my short blue hair. Lucy had asked Cancer to straighten it out for me after I had cut it, so it was even now, but I sometimes felt self-conscious of it, wondering if it looked alright compared to my former long hair.

            “I know so,” she nodded. “Now, stop fussing because here he comes.”

            I straightened up with another squeak, and clasped my hands together tightly to keep them from shaking.

            “Are you ready to go?” Romeo asked.

            “Y-Yeah,” I said, hopping off the stool and walking beside him as we went into Magnolia.