Juvana: Something to Look Forward To

As part of my hiatus return celebration, have some Juvana!! <3
This one was requested by Otaku_Anime_Addict, who is a wonderful, amazing, sweetheart!!! Sorry it took so long, and I hope you like it!! :D
(***Requests are still closed***)

~~~

"What, so that's it then? We're just going to go to war with an entire country?" I snapped, staring at the first master as she gave everyone the overview of her battle plan.

"I don't see any other option," Mavis replied, looking grim.

"This is crazy! We can't go to war with an army the size of Zeref's! We'll be crushed!"

"Cana—" Master began, but I cut him off, shaking my head.

"We need reinforcements; there's no way we can do it alone."

"There isn't time," Mavis sighed, solemnly.

"Then there's no hope," I retorted. My comment only got Natsu going about kicking everyone in Zeref's army's asses, but I wasn't listening. I was too focused on something else.

It had been a year since I'd seen Juvia, and she was even more beautiful than she had been when the guild had all parted ways that day. She looked confident, too, despite the situation we were all in. Watching her nod at whatever Natsu was saying, I found myself smiling slightly, feeling a bit better.

"There are several soldiers from Zeref's army on their way," Warrick said, looking at Mavis. Everyone grew quiet as we awaited her orders. This is a bad idea. I know Zeref is too close for us to have time to get help, but we're really going to need it here! Zeref is an immortal badass, and while I don't doubt Natsu's ability to win when he puts his mind to it, this is Zeref the dark wizard...

"Is Cana alright?" A hand on my shoulder brought me back to the room with a start. Juvia stood beside me, looking at me worriedly.

"I'm fine," I sighed, "just worried about all of this."

"It will be okay," Juvia smiled. "Mavis believes in us, so we should believe in her. Fairy Tail can hold them off and long as we need to."

"I hope you're right."

"Juvia knows everything will be alright."

I returned her smile, nodding. "Then I'll have faith, too. If things don't go according to plan, then we'll get to that when it happens."

Mavis gave us our group assignments then, and I was disappointed when Juvia and I were sent in entirely different directions. If I die in this stupid war without getting to have at least one more decent conversation with Juvia, I'm going to be pissed, I thought, humorlessly. I didn't like to think that way. After all, Fairy Tail had made it through some seemingly hopeless situations before and was fine. But this was different. It was a war against Zeref. So death was actually a pretty realistic outcome for any one of us.

"Juvia is leaving now," she said, once again bringing me out of my own head and back to the now-chaotic guildhall. Everyone was scrambling around to get with their groups and head out, and tension was quickly building up.

"Yeah, I guess I will be too, then," I told her.

"Juvia hopes to see Cana again soon," she smiled, her blue eyes twinkling brightly. She waved as she left to return to her group. Damn it. I refuse to let things go like this.

"Juvia, wait."

She turned, "what is it?"

Cupping her face in my hands, I kissed her. Right there in the middle of the guildhall. In front of anyone who was paying attention. Her face was scarlet when I released her, and I knew mine probably wasn't any better, but I didn't have time to care.

"I didn't want to leave without doing that at least once," I breathed.

"C-Cana—" Juvia sputtered, still in shock, "Cana kissed Juvia!"

"Think of it as a good luck kiss," I said, touching her face and smiling sadly. "We're all going to need it with what's about to come."

Frowning slightly, Juvia leaned forward and planted a soft kiss on my lips. "Then have some luck," she said, her face still scarlet. "Juvia shouldn't have all of it." With that, she rushed off towards her group.

Seeing how determined her face was, despite its blush, I couldn't help but laugh. "If we live through this, Juvia, remind me to kiss you again!" I called after her.

"J-Juvia will look forward to it!" She shouted back before running out the doors.

"Me too," I chuckled.