Of Job Searching and Strip Club Meetings

(Earbuds required for video. Sorry for inconvenience if you don't have any)

Sean's POV

God damnit! This is hopeless! I thought as I exited what seemed like the millionth place that had no job openings. But I had to keep looking. The sun was fading beyond the horizon, and dusk had come. I pulled out my phone and checked the time. 9:30 pm. Just enough time to get home and get some shut eye.

I trudged along the sidewalk, kicking loose gravel as I dragged my feet. Looking up from my fixed point on the ground, I saw that I was lost. LA was huge compared to Ireland, and it was definitely harder to find a job here than there.

A piece of paper flutters across my feet and I pick it up. It's a paper advertising Help Wanted at a local club by the name of Hard Love.

I might as well check it out. I've got nothing to lose. I think. I type the address of the club into my phone, to which it beeped with directions to the establishment.

The building wasn't far from where I was, so the walk there was quite short. The only problem was I decided to come at a bad time, because when I went through the doors, just the music was enough to give me a headache. But that didn't stop me. I wanted this bar tending position, so at least I'll have some cash to pay rent and buy food.

The club was loud, full of people who were drinking and having a fun time. The bar was set in the back, and that was when I realized that not only was this a club, but it was a strip club. And the dancers were almost all male, save for a few girls who worked the floor. One approached me, her dark hair flouncing as she sauntered over to me.

"Hey there. I haven't seen you here before. Are you new?" She tilted her head a bit to the left and bit her lip seductively.

"Yes. And I was wondering if I could talk to your manager?" I asked. I wasn't looking to get a lap dance right now. She straightened her head again and nodded.

"Of course! Follow me." She weaved her way through the crowds easily, with me following close behind her. She stopped in front of a door in the back, and knocked.

"Come in!" A sultry voice called. She smiled at me and opened the door, then walked inside.

"Mark, there's someone who would like to talk to you." She grabbed my arm and pulled me into the room, and my face flushed from embarrassment. I straightened myself out and cleared my throat.

The man sitting at the desk was very handsome. His dark brown eyes gazed at me, taking in my facial features.

"What's your name?" He asked. His voice was low and attractive, and I have to say that damn it was sexy. I bet women would kill to have someone as handsome as this man.

"Uh- my name is Sean McLoughlin. I came here because of the job opening?" I stated the last part as question, not knowing if he had filled the position already or not. He nodded to the girl, and she turned and left. Not before I saw her wink at me.

"Alright, go ahead and sit down." He gestured to the seat across from him, and I sat down in it greatfully. He opened one of the drawers in his desk and pulled out some papers.

He wrote down something on the paper, then turned it around to face me and passed it forward. It was a job application. And in the slot of occupation wanted were the words "Exotic Dancer". Not the bar tending job I was hoping for.

"Oh, I didn't know that the job was for a dancer..." I trailed off as I read through the rest of the documents.

He raised an eyebrow at me, but didn't say anything for a moment. Then he sighed.