Of Healing and Finally Getting to Some of the Good Stuff

*cheeky wink*

Honestly, when something bad usually happens in life, it seems more of the norm to move on and try to get back to things. But no matter how many people say it'll get better, it just doesn't seem that way. Mark has been in this stupid cast for over two months now and he's trying to act like nothing is wrong. I can see the pain in his eyes and the way he grits his teeth when he moves a certain way. He hates the crutches he's been given, trying to hobble around on only one fully working leg. He doesn't want to sit in his office at work, instead taking a seat at the bar, turned more towards stage so he can watch the dancers. Not in the same way as most of customers do, more of in a way that seems more studious.

It was the same thing today at the club, Mark sat in his now usual spot at the bar, his carefully calculated eye watching the dancers as they move. I glance at him from time to time, making sure he hasn't gotten up to start hobbling off somewhere. He doesn't move an inch off the bar stool, though his head moves to scan the room as well. A few times I felt his gaze land on me, but whenever I look back at him, he's continued on with the scanning. Every time, I continue to do my job, still doing the same thing since I've worked here. Bussing tables isn't that bad, so I can't complain though. I've only had to clean up puke once.

By the sixth or seventh time I feel Mark's gaze on me, it's when I was making my way towards the kitchen to drop off some plates I had gathered. His eyes followed me until I passed through the swinging doors, and they were on me again as I made my way closer to the bar. I ended up standing in front of me with a hand on my hip before he said anything.

"Hey." He stated, smiling up at me. It was easy to fall prey to his smile, the grin always reaching his eyes when he was happy. I smiled in return, picking up his left hand and twirling the ring that was on his middle finger. For some reason he always wore that ring, and whenever I was bored or more anxiety prone, I would spin it, and it always seemed to cheer me up.

"Hey love." I kept twirling the ring, my focus directed onto the small piece of metal that encompassed my boyfriend's finger. I felt him shift slightly, and then his hand was upon my chin and tilting it up gently so I would look at him. He smiled again, a soft, loving grin that had me practically melting at his touch.

"Do you want to get out of here? I can tell either Dan or Phil to lock up for me." I nodded a quick reply and turned slightly to leave, not before he gave me a quick kiss. I left and walked into the back of the club, changing out of the designated outfit and grabbing my jacket and wallet. I returned to the front to see that apparently Mark had hobbled into his office and gotten his things and returned. He was standing and shrugging on his jacket, before he heard me come up behind him, and turned to greet me. Now, I could say this over and over again, and I probably will, but Mark looked hot in that jacket. It was leather, and goddamn it fit him right.

"You ready?" I snapped out of what was hopefully not blatant ogling, and cleared my throat.

"Yeah, c'mon. Who's locking up tonight?" I asked as we walked out. I looked over at Mark, reaching up and intertwining my fingers with his.

"Phil is. Dan's said he was gonna wait for Phil though because apparently Phil forgets things every now and then." Mark and walked out of the club, venturing down the sidewalk towards his car. I pulled the keys from my pocket, unlocking the sleek black car that stood in front of us. Mark had gotten a new car because the previous one had been totaled, and I honestly couldn't complain. It was such a beautiful car.

We both climbed in and I started the car, pulling out of the parking lot. The lot was pretty much empty, save for Dan's Honda. I smiled and shifted the car into second gear, then proceeded to re-lace my fingers with Mark's. I saw Mark smile out of the corner of my eye and I ran my thumb across his knuckles.

"I love you." I said quietly, the comfortable silence of the car ride broken by my voice. Mark turned to look at me and smiled.

"I love you too." he responded.

---

The car ride back to Mark's place was uneventful, not much happening other than when a random song would come on that both Mark and I knew so we would both sing along. I pulled into his driveway, turning off the engine and looking over to Mark. We both got out, Mark stumbling for a moment then righting himself.

"I'm good" He stated, chuckling lightly. I laughed as well, waiting for him to come around the car and meet me on the way to the door. It was just a weird thing that I did. We walked up together, and I opened up the door and led us inside. 

As soon as the door was closed, Mark pulled me in by the shirt and kissed me. Sighing happily, I sunk into the kiss, one of my hands sliding up into his hair and tugging lightly. His hands were on my waist, rubbing circles into them that made my skin tingle. He nibbled on my bottom lip, gingerly asking for entrance, in which I complied to immediately. He tasted of mint and chocolate, though why, I couldn't tell. All I knew was that Mark was damn good kisser and I was going to fully enjoy it. One of Mark's hands eventually shifted a small bit downward until his hand was tucked into my back pocket. The other one stayed at my waist, pulling me forward so I was flush up against him. I tugged a small bit on Mark's hair, causing him to growl into my mouth, which I have to say was pretty fucking hot.

I had to pull away for air at one point, which only allowed Mark to move down towards my neck, where he knew exactly the spot that would make my knees weak. He found it in no time, making me gasp and tilt my head back as to allow him more room. He bit down on it, surely giving me a hickey and making me moan at the feeling of it.

"Mark, let's go to y-your room first." I said, my voice breaking with every kiss he pressed against my throat. 

(TO BE CONTINUED)

------------

Hey, just a quick update and a cliffhanger to try and keep you interested, I guess? I honestly don't know anymore. I don't even know why people are still reading this literal piece of shit story. I honestly feel like this book has gone to crap, and that it's veered of course than what I had originally wanted to go with. There have been multiple times where I've thought about unpublishing this book and rewriting everything in it, but I keep thinking to myself "No, I'm gonna keep writing his and it's gonna get back on track and be great." But that hasn't happened. I'm so sorry, my dear readers, that you have to suffer for my incompetence as writer.

Love On a Pole will continue, but not as of this moment. I've got some horrible stuff going on in my life right now that I have to deal with, and I don't want that to affect my writing. Hell, that's why I've been gone so long anyways.

Once again, I would like to apologize to all of you for not updating in so long. I love you all. Bye.