Ch.6 Vessel Of Twilight

Going into the twilight barrier was the strangest thing you've done so far in this adventure. Link had the easy way by having Midna help him and grabbed him with her... hair... shaped into a hand... You shook off the feeling and stepped into the barrier.

It felt like going through water, bending and shaping into what looked real and what wasn't real in front of you. You didn't realize you were holding your breath by the time you entered into the twilight. The sky had a golden color to it with the tree having a dark vibe about themselves.

"Alright I have what we need." Midna said as she had the shield on the face and the sword in her hand. At least she was holding one right, "But I'll just put them away."

She snapped her fingers as the shield and sword disappeared into tiny black boxes. "Now let's go."

"Hey wait, if you need the sword and shield then why aren't you using them?"

"I decided I don't need them anymore. I got Link." She patted his head as he yawned.

"You can't use Link whenever you want too! He maybe a wolf, but he's my best friend!"

Midna glared at you and got up near your face. "He's my servant until he finishes his duty is finished. I'm only letting you tag along because you're something important to the gods. You're glowing blue again and it proves the gods do need you for something."

You looked down and saw she was right. The faint light color of blue was warm to the touch as you looked down at your bow and saw it changed. The patterns of the forest weren't their anymore but the pattern that Midna and the black monsters had, but were glowing light green instead of blue.

"Hmmm wonder if that bow of yours has anything to do with your mystery past. Eee hee hee!"

She took off with Link before you could talk back. That Imp was annoying you more than words could say as you jogged after them, and soon jagged pillars came down around and set up barriers. If one black monster wasn't enough, it was three of them came out from the portal above.

"This is your guy's battle. Have fun!" She when past the barrier and put her hands behind her back to watch. Never before have had you wanted to kill someone so badly as of right now.

The monsters were growling and you could feel their missing glares if these things had eyes. Link jumped onto one and started attacking it's face. You put your fingertip to the string and pulled back at one of the two. It was running up towards you as you panicked and fired. It died right on the spot as Link had already killed the one he attacked.

The last one growled and let out an ear splitting howl into the air. The hair's on the back of your neck and everywhere stood up as Link himself hunched over to try and cover his wolf ears with his paws. The two monsters who were supposed to be dead came back alive.

"Ugh what are you two idiots doing?! You have to kill both at the same time."

"How do we do that?" You yelled while dogging one that was about to rip your face off.

Midna sighed as she when back into the barrier and sat on Link again. "Watch and learn."

Suddenly her hair shaped hand rose into the air as the three monsters around her stopped in their tracks. Link took the chance and attacked all three as they when down and died. They broke apart into the same black pieces as before and disappeared into the air.

You looked at Midna and saw she had a painful look on her face, one that looked as if someone had died. She shook her head and rubbed Link's ear. "Let's get going."