Ch.7 Ancient Hero

Link's clothes would keep poking a memory in the back of your mind at something... you just didn't know what it was. Maybe it was because he fit it so perfectly, like it was meant for him. Or maybe... you've seen him dressed in something like this before. But that was impossible. How could you have seen him dressed in something like this before? Only what if it wasn't just one time...

"(y/n) are you listening?"

You snapped your attention to the beautiful blue eyes you come to love and remember. "Y-Yes I was! What is it?"

"I got more oil for the lantern and I need you to stay near me."

"Huh? But I can protect myself now."

"I know... but I'm just making sure."

He grabbed your hand into his, fitting almost perfectly into his. The rough feeling of his finger and palm were all you could once feel, but the feeling of the leather covered his hands, but you could still feel and remember what it felt like. Sometimes all you wanted was to hold his hand forever and never let go...

Link blushed a faint pink and turned his face away so you couldn't see. "Let's go already."

You nodded and jogged along with him. Truth too be told having Link by your side was like the good old days. When it was too dark Link would be the hero and lead the way towards the light while you rewarded him with a hug. Ever since you've grown up it died off... but now it was coming back, alive and true to eyes.

You both finally come out from the cave and saw a shadow at the corner of your eyes and turned to see, but it was gone. Link stared out at the woods and frowned. "I've never seen the woods anything like this"

The area around the trees were covered in the purple mist from before in the twilight, only this time you didn't have a way to get around it. A blur and the feeling of air came at your back as you turned to see the lantern was gone from Link's hand and saw the girl monkey had it.

Midna came out from her shadow and growled. "What are you two idiots doing?! Don't just stand there and stare!"

Oh how so you wished you could tell this Imp to shut up, but Link just had to make a deal with her. "Just stop talking and we'll get it done."

Midna rolled her orange eye before going back as Link's shadow. Link's hand got a better grip. "Don't worry about her."

"Okay... I'll take your word for it."

The girl monkey screamed at you to get your attention as you jumped and saw she was already walking down the purple path, but she was making it disappear with the lantern. Wow. This monkey was smarter than both of you.

The trip to the temple was so long the lantern ran out of oil. You sweat dropped and laughed while picking it up. "At least we got oil!"

"Yeah. Now let's go!"

You nodded and jogged along with him. The path to the giant tree was there with a bit of mist mixed into the air. Just up ahead you saw a white light was wasn't imagining it. In the block of the road stood a wolf just the size of Link's wolf form, but only golden with streaks of white at his sides. As you got closer the wolf suddenly bared it's teeth and jumped right at Link.

Link grabbed for his sword as time seemed to waver as you reached for you bow...

~~~~~~~~~~~~

You opened your eyes to find you were inside a room. It was like the room back at the castle in Hyrule, but only more with light than twilight like before. You stood up from the bed and walked over to the window to find Link battling an ancient being. Link knocked the ancient being down and stabbed them in the chest.