Ch.9 Heart Of A Hero

Link's P.O.V

----------

I shook (y/n) as hard as I could along screaming her name as her eyes closed. Her body felt really cold and I had no idea what to do.

'The children' I though, they had those adults with them. I didn't even get far out from springs until I heard my name from the familiar voices I knew so well.

Colin started coming towards me until Talo knocked him down into the ground. Poor kid. Must be hard to act strong alone. Beth and Malo came up along with Malo.

"Link you came to save us!" Malo said with bright shining eyes.

"Of course I did. I knew I had to save you all."

"You are the one from Ordon whom these children speak of?"

I looked away from the children to find the brown colored man from before. "We are well met. I am Renado. Shaman of this town. Is the girl okay?"

"Link what's wrong with (y/n)?" Colin said with wide eyes.

"I just thought she was sleeping in your arms... please tell me that's true." Beth eyes started tearing up.

"I don't know what's wrong with her. She won't wake up no matter what I do too her and I need help."

"Take her to the inn. I have some medicine that should help with the battle she is having inside."

I nodded my head and followed Renado to the Inn. The children followed but had to wait outside the room while I watched Renado make the medicine. He poured some down (y/n)'s throat carefully before putting a wet cloth on her forehead that had medicine on it.

"I thank you for saving the town. I have heard the children talking about you when we were trapped by the monsters."

"I came to save the children anyways and I plan on bringing them back home."

Renado cleaned his hands before taking more face to face with me. "I would love to see the young one come home to their loved ones. Ever since those dark beasts attacked the Goron tribe they have changed. We had been a friends for a long time, but they now treat us like foes. They refuse us in their mines. It makes me wonder if something in those mines are the cause of this change..."

"I see."

"In any case, you must take the children and flee this village before more nightmare descends. I cannot leave the village, but I can watch over the children while you think of a plan."

"Thank you. Can you please watch over (y/n)? I ummmm... have to pee."

"Of course."

The truth to be told I really did need to pee. I had to since in wolf form but if I did it with Midna watching I would never hear the end of it.

The trail to Death Mountain wasn't too far away as I climbed up the ropes leading up to the true trail of the mountain. Once I got up not too far ahead I saw a creature with white swirling patterns over it's cubby rock like body.

It's face when up into a snarl once it saw me. "Ugh! No human allowed! This moutain belongs to the Goron tribe!"

Suddenly the Goron curled up into a ball and at high speed as rolled towards me. I started to panic and go into fight mode without my sword in hand. I didn't want to injure the Goron but I had no way to defend myself either.

Let's just say, getting hit by a rolling Goron hurt more than Epona kick me in the face. I screamed as I fell off and landed right on my back and groaned in pain. Luckily I had my shield to block half of the damage.