Ch.28 Goddess of Time

(y/n) P.O.V

I never thought death could be peaceful and heartbreaking at the same time. The last image I saw was Link's crying face. The vision I had long before came true, I become evil and Link killed me. But I was glad Link killed me, I would never live without myself knowing I killed Link.

But, it doesn't seem fair to Link either. He killed me and now he has to face the Prince of Evil alone. Maybe that was my dying regret, my goddess self never planned for us to fall in love and now I'll stuck in death for all eternity.

That was what I thought until a bright white light came from nowhere. When I opened up my eyes I felt I was on a ground of grass. It was uneven as I saw it was a hill. Animals were peacefully eating fruits and drinking water from the nearby lake.

Everything about this place seemed to perfect, that was how I was when I looked down at myself. I was dressed in pure white clothing that looked like what goddess would wear back in ancient times. Even my feet had fancy sandals to match the clothing.

When the wind came by I didn't feel cold. Which was odd enough. I sat up and made my way to the lake, the animals making way for me as if I was someone not to be messed with.

The water rippled when I came near, but that was from my shock. My eyes were the first thing I noticed as they were a brilliant blue and green, mixing together as one. My face on the other hand, was so beautiful... like a goddess. Pieces began to click in as I sucked in a huge breath.

I was in my lost realm as a goddess. This was where I controlled all of time and ruled over it.

"Great goddess (y/n)," It was Shades's voice as I slowly turned around. He wasn't a skeleton anymore, he looked so much like Link I almost called him out. The only difference was the blue aura around him and he had bright green clothes with white tights. "It is an honor to see you return your title as a goddess."

"Shade." My own voice was filled with power, even I didn't recognized myself for a second. "You're here?"

He smiles as he stood up. "Of course. When the Goddesses saw I helped you the best I could they gave me a body, somewhat of a body, but the body I use to have as a hero. Even if Hyrule doesn't remember me I'll still be grateful for the gift I have."

I smiled and hugged him. Surprisingly for a ghost and solid, but also muscular under all that clothing. "That's great! It's good to see you forgive me."

His laugh was the same as Link's. Gods... Shade was handsome, but his descendant was more handsome than he was. It seemed to run in the family for genetic Links to be running around saving the world. "I've already forgave you. It was a long while ago, but I thank you for saving me in my time of need."

"Yeah... but now I can't help Link in his time of need anymore."

"There is a way, Goddess of Time."

A voice echoed inside the world as the grass blew softly with the breeze. Shade quickly knelt down and kept his head down as the Tri-Force appeared slowly in the air.

"The Tri-Force..." I said in awe.

"This is not the real one, but of an image of the three holy pieces together. We can see you, but you cannot see us. We are the three spirits that make up the tri-force. Wisdom, Courage, and Power. (y/n), you still are like a sister to us. When you lost madness you were desperate for anything to be rid of it. So we sent you to help the next incarnated hero. We never planned for you to die, but now that darkness is gone we resurrect you as a goddess again. Welcome home, our dearest (y/n)."

"T-Thank you... wise Goddesses. But, I would like to fight at Link's side. Please! I beg of you."

"That cannot happen. We brought you back, but your body is lost to the realm of Twilight and is too damaged to fully repair it. We cannot control the Twilight, just like the Twilight cannot control us."