Ch.26 The 'Twilight Princess'

It's been a month since (y/n)'s death and the nights along with the days have been horrible without her. Midna made me eat and sleep for a day since all day I would travel, my mind only focused on avenging her. I would avenge her... it was the only way possible I could bury her body where it needed to be.

Soon after I saved liia she didn't take the news well. The shock came first before the sobbing happened. While she sobbed and I cried a little too... (y/n) didn't know but she was like the best sister to liia... the only girl she could talk to because her mother died when she was still young.

"Link," liia's voice echoed inside my head. "(y/n) wouldn't want you killing yourself over her death... it would hurt her... but if you think this is the only way then I won't stop you... but just know (y/n) wouldn't have wanted it this way, Link. Just remember that."

"Yeah..." I mumbled to myself, bringing the last shard of Twilight with me. "But the villain who killed her needs to be brought to justice... Zant... I swear I will kill you."

Midna came out of my shadow suddenly, giving me a worried look. "I don't think it was Zant... when I felt the twilight taking her it felt much more powerful than Zant... even darker than darkness itself."

I licked my lips to keep them moist. This desert heat was killing me. "Do you have an idea of who it was then?"

"Someone not from our world... Ganon is more like it."

"Ganon?" The name ringed inside my head. It's like I've heard it millions of times and yet it felt like this was the first time I was really hearing. "Who is he?"

"He claims to be the prince of darkness. It's his shortened name of Ganondorf. I believe he came to Zant one day and took the power for him. Ganon is just using him to be his puppet anyways so I don't see why that idiot even followed him anyways. Zant will always be remembered a traitor in my kingdom..."

"Midna,"I spoke up, cleaning the tension in my voice. "If you said my kingdom... then you must be its princess."

Midna looked away from me. A sick pain came over her face as she closed her eye. "Yes... I still am as Zant like it think he's the king. Those monsters you kill for portals... they're my people turned into beats."

A sick iciness came inside me. No wonder Midna didn't like to help out with killing those beats.... so it was just her people controls by Zant. Maybe we both have a loss we can sympathize will. "I'm sorry Midna. That's horrible... seeing your people turn into beats... is there a way to save them?"

She shook her head. "They lost all sense of being." An anger formed into her eye as she balled her hand up into a fist. "I'll never forgive Zant of what he's done. Not only did he betray his tribe, but also killing his people off easily like play toys! Link, If you can I want to kill Zant."

"But Mid- oh fine... it seems only fair."

Midna smiled and looked at the mirror shard with a longing, the same longing when I look at Ordon Village. "Thank you, Link."

"You're welcome. Now let's fix the mirror."

Midna let out the three other shards as they all locked into place, as a single and whole piece of the object. The mirror glowed bright with symbols from the dark night as the chains around the huge mass of block was released.

It sunk into the ground and then the mirror projected its light onto the block, it start to change and suddenly a portal was made from the inside of the block.

Midna looked at it with a tiny silver of hope. "Some call our realm a world of shadows, but that makes it sound unpleasant and evil... The twilight there holds a serene beauty... You have seen it yourself as the sun sets on this world."