Ch.23 The Dead Fish's Prayer

The embrace of death was almost sweet... but it slowly drifted away as I could feel a sense of warmth next to me. I didn't know where we were... but I just hoped it was someplace warm... where I could at least cling to the little life I had left.

I didn't tell Link the ice was slowly draining my energy because I didn't want us to get set back because of simple thing like that. Link had a quest to complete and I didn't want to be in the way of it... just because of me.

The darkness around me soon turn in a cold wetness. Confusion crawled into my brain as I finally opened my eyes to see. I was on a shore with an endless ocean in front of me. An odd tuning of music was being played as I turned my head to see what it was.

It was a Zora, but a lot skinnier and playing a fish skeleton like a guitar. The music jumbled between soft to jazz music, but still pretty good for a Zora. I stood up, the sand making it hard a bit, but I walked close to the spirit.

There was a blue light energy wave over the Zora as he continued to jam out to his music. "Oh baby! You're just in time to hear my music!"

"Ummm... I'm sorry... but who are you?"

He suddenly stopped play, flashing me a kind smile. "The name is Mikau, the legendary guitarist of the famous Indigo-Go's. I'm the best player in the group, but sadly it came to an end when I tried to bring back the eggs..."

"What happened...?"

A look of sorrow briefly passed over his face, tuning the guitar into a sad slow strum. "The lead singer in my band laid some eggs and were taken away by pirates. But with the Hero of Time's help she was able to have her eggs back. I am grateful my death wasn't in vain."

"That's so sad... but I'm glad she got her eggs back."

For a second a small light glowed around his face. "Me too."

"But," I continued, "what am I doing here?"

"Oh right! Since you can't talk to Shade anymore you'll be able to talk to us now! We'll tell you were to go for your quest of the mirror shards. It's as simple as that!"

"Really?!" I felt so happy at the moment, nothing could ever break that bubble. "Where is the second one then?"

"In the forest grove where the hero pulled out the sword of evils bane."

"Huh? But how? There's nothing there that can lead to a temple."

"Ahh but that is where you are wrong, goddess." He sat down on the soft cold sand, spreading perfectly around under him. "Before the time lines split the hero was put to sleep for seven years. The temple is the light temple, the temple hidden until the right hero came to take it for himself."

"How do you know so much about this?"

He laughed and played a b-note, "Because we're connected to Shade! Not in soul, but in powers. Shade was the original Hero of Time. But sadly... he soon grew forgotten about over time..."

I winced. The reason was because of me. "I wonder if Shade will ever forgive me. I don't know why I made everyone forget about Shade... but I promise to make it up too him!"

"Don't worry about it!" He stood up, the ocean's mist swirling around us. Mikau was slowly disappearing. "Shade is still the same kindhearted hero he once was. He'll forgive you. If not for your powers back then Shade would have been long gone! The land of Termina, and possibly Hyrule, would have been wiped out if not for you!"