Ch.8 Curse of Twilight

Thank you for the new cover: TheRealizations

The province of Eldin was huge. Maybe even bigger than the castle of Hyrule. The sun felt too good to be true as you basked in its light.

"Wow... so this is Eldin province... it's bigger than I thought."

"Me too." Link looked up at the sky with unease, "The sun is setting fast. Let's go."

You nodded and took off with Link. It was quite the jog across the field. Along with the monsters in the way it took longer than expected, but you got a beetle in the process!

It was just the time when night and evening across together. Dusk. A lot better than twilight that's for sure.

"HEYYYYYYY!"

Link and you stopped in your tracks and turned around to spot a skinny man with almost his bones showing run towards you. He stopped and few feet in front of you before pulling out a letter.

"I'm the postman and I deliver mail all across Hyrule! Here are some for Mr. Link."

He handed it over to Link as Link took it with an arched brow. "Thank you...?"

"No problem! Duty calls!"

He turned around and sprinted back from where he came from while Link and you met eye contact.

"What was weird." Link said.

"Yeah... but let's see what the letter is about."

Link opened up the letter and stuffed it into his pockets after he was done. "Nothing important."

"Alright. Oooo! Another bug!"

You catches the female version of the beetle as Link laughed at you.

"Really? All that excitement over a bug?"

"But it glows in the dark!"

"Oh it does..." Link examine it before gently putting it into his pocket, "Now stop getting distracted by bugs."

"Yes sir!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Dusk faded away as the moon reached high into the night sky. I seemed every step of the way to the town it was getting darker and darker.

Luckily for you it was the twilight over the area. You looked down at your bow as its patterns respond to the barrier and changed into its pattern like shape before.

Midna come out from Link's shadow as her orange eye ball glowed dangerously in the dark. "Another twilight area? I can't wait! Eee hee hee! Are you ready Link?"

Link nodded as Midna when into the barrier and disappeared behind it. Five seconds later and giant shaped orange hand before grabbed Link and pulled him into the barrier.

You, of course, was forgot about and had to enter into it. This time it felt like time was slowing down around you. Ages seemed to have when by when it was only a few second after you came out of the barrier.

Wolf Link waited after you before sprinting across the field. You took down one of the monstrous creatures while Link took down two in one go. Of course with Midna's help.

The monsters died and created a portal up above while you were the first to notice the bridge was gone.

"Hey guys the bridge is gone."

"I think I remember seeing one by the springs." Midna said and rubbed her chin, "You. Stay here while we go get it."

Link looked like he was about to abject to her statement, but was too late as Midna had already transported him in the portal.