Ch.10 Chase Of The Wild

Dawn was just about hiding from the mountains as the sun was already starting to set up in the sky. Link was quiet as you were too. After your little attack it was hard to say to Link what thought you were really feeling. Would he believe you or think you were a fake? He was already dealing with enough things... and it hasn't even been a week since your whole lives have changed.

Link suddenly tensed up and stopped Epona near the springs. You rose an eyebrow as he was searching around the springs. "Link what's wrong?"

"I can sense him."

"Sense who?"

"Him." Link motioned his head over to the side as you saw the golden wolf from before. The wolf got into an attack stance and lunged at him just as Link got his sword out.

You got into the white mixed haze too as you woke up once where you were before. It was painfully cold here in this afterlife like world as you stood up shakily to face the skeleton hero again.

"Do not worry both Link and you are here, just in a different place. Link is battling with my other half of my soul while I am here to talk to you with my other half."

"Okay... but what do you want to talk about?"

"When Link enters into the fire temple you will face a challenge of yourself."

"Huh?" You stated confused.

"I figure of evil will form from your shadow and challenge you if you are strong enough to continue onward with Link on his journey. You yourself have put this challenge onto yourself."

"Wait what?! I don't remember that at all!"

"You will in due time, for now you will wonder alone and clueless just like the other heroes have before."

"Ugh, that must suck."

"Only if you complete your quest it is always rewarding, but not for me."

"What do you mean?"

"I have been forgotten as my title as 'Hero of Time' from the knights of Hyrule... I only wished my legacy continued onward... Link is my descendant and I will teach him my sword moves as a way for me to bond with him more... I only wish I will be remembered more..."

"Oh... but don't worry! I'll always be remembered by the royal family!"

Huh? Where did that come out of? It seemed like it just came out of your mouth like a fact.

"I have on question to ask you... why did this happen to me? Why did you do this to me? I thought you would help me when I called onto you, but now I'm stuck in his world... why?"

His voice cracked deeply at the end as a shaky hollow choke came after it. "What am I doing.... you don't remember me at all... my name is, Shade... the forgotten hero of time, who saved all of Hyrule..."

"Shade... just because you're not remembered... doesn't mean you're not loved..."

The world of white started to disappear as Shade's one red eye seemed to stare into your soul...

~~~~~~~~~~~

You woke up to Link gently shaking you awake. "Hey are you alright?"

"Yeah.... just a bit... hazy."

"We can take a break at the springs if you want."

"That would be AHHH-"

You doubled over in pain as your mind felt like it was exploding with pain everywhere inside. All you saw was a bright light before it dimmed down. You were back in Kakariko Village again.