Ch.25 Hero's Pride to Shame

Bright light clouded my vision as I woke up too seeing Link in his arm, wrapped closely around me as if I was going to turn to dust. His breathing was shaky, but it calmed down once we met eye contact.

"Oh thank the Goddesses... I thought you were dead..."

"W-What do you mean?"

Midna came out while looking over a rusty rod that was on the ground. "When we came out of the dungeon you were knocked out cold and Link couldn't find a pulse on you. I'll admit this once... but it even scared me too... that you would have died on us."

A tender smile came over my face as I nodded towards her. "Thanks Midna... I agh-!"

Pain struck my heart as it felt like it was ripping open. Link cried in horror as I was throwing up blood. My vision was getting blurry as I moaned in pain and fell over.

Twilight wasn't helping me survive anymore... I was dying like Midna was... maybe slower for the sweet torture and pain I've caused Link on his adventure.

Link picked me up again and wiped my face clean of blood, a look of anguish and disbelief on his handsome face. He was screaming my name, but I would only hear the faint whisper of it as I was dragged into death's sweet embrace...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link's P.O.V

"(y/n)! (Y/N)! Midna help me!" I screamed while my heart wouldn't stop pounding in my chest.

The color in her face was draining to ghostly white. Midna checked over her life energy as an own horror came over her face. "Her soul needs the twilight. But... she shouldn't need it! Why now?! I-I don't know where else to get twilight from!"

"(y/n) don't die on me!" Tears ran down my face and dripped onto her cheeks, having it seemed she was the one crying. "There has to be a way to save her!"

Midna rested a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sorry Link... but we can't save her... it's useless."

Everything at this moment... my world seemed to shatter in front of me. If I was a hero... then why couldn't I save (y/n)? Wasn't I suppose to save everyone else? But why now?! I let out a painful sob as Midna took us out of the temple and in the forest while I held onto her body, sobbing on her shoulder.

Her chest was pressed up to mine and her heart was painfully dying away... but why? (y/n) was so healthy and alive before we went up to the desert dungeon. Then it clicked too me, she wasn't always her normal self around me when we found out about the twilight mirrors.

Something was going on and (y/n) didn't tell me about it... but now maybe this was the reason and she was dying... because of me. The spirit of the hero was draining away from me, all the strength from the past dungeons was fading away... if (y/n) was too die then I would die as well.

Midna must have felt what I was thinking and stopped me from my hand going towards the Master Sword. "Are you insane?! Hyrule still needs you! I need you, Link! Everyone from two different worlds needs your help!"

"WHATS THE POINT IF I CAN'T HELP THE GIRL I LOVE?!" My roar of anger scared her. Even it surprised me, but what was the point anymore... (y/n) was dying in my arm and twilight was gone from this world... and the last piece was in the heavens which I have no time to get too. Her beating heart was dying along with my beating heart.

Dawn was setting in and the light casted a glow on her face, making her more beautiful than before. Maybe death had that effect on people, seeing their true soul before they cross over the next side. Oh (y/n)... the fights we had as kids... the wonderful memories together... even though you moved away to live on your own, I still love you too this day.