Ch.17 Midna's Light

(y/n) P.O.V

The endless swimming into darkness was taking forever. I saw and began to swim towards it, but I didn't feel Link's hand as I froze in my tracks. The water seemed to be pulling me towards the light as I called out Link's name, but got soon blinded by bright light.

Everything around me felt at peace, but not any longer as the glint of sliver came into my view. I barley dodged from my head getting cut off as I backed flipped as the clouds around me spread outwards.

Shade was there in hand with the same silver sword in hand, only his eye glowed a deadly glint of red. He pulled back his sword and pointed the tip at me. "If you must know not only will I help you, but I will train you also goddess. Take sword in hand and fight me!"

With a determined face I took out my bow and willed it too transform into a sword. It glowed light gold along with the blue. A new power flowed through me, it felt like it belong there as I took my stanch and let him charge me.

Shade's eye glowed for a second as he jumped up and clashed swords with me. Sparks flew everywhere as I growled and tried pushing him back. For a dead guy he was strong, very strong as it felt he could destroy a monster with his bare hand.

Look deep inside I saw he was holding back the power so he wouldn't hurt me. I smirked as I kicked him back and slashed downward at his chest. The bones broke off as he fell to the ground. It was a quiet minute until a strong wind came by and picked up the bones, rebuilding the dead hero.

He laughed once his head was back in place. "Is that all you got?"

I growled and lunged at him, but he quickly dodged, rolled behind me, and slashed my back. Pain roared inside my back as I felt blood seep from the wound as hot tears splashed down on the ground. With effort, I stood back up and faced the skeleton.

"T-Too... can play that game."

My sword quickly switched into a bow as I started firing arrows at him. He gasped lightly under his breath and started dodging the arrows. One finally hit him in the rib cage as he growled as the energy made him stopped in mid place.

I smirked and transformed into a sword and stabbed into were the arrow was. It reacted and exploded on him. I wasn't affected at all as the clouds settled down around us. Stepping forward I grabbed his sliver sword, my features reflecting inside it as I stabbed the sword into the head of the dead hero.

A gently breeze came up around the bones, going inside the skull and passing through as the breeze lifted up my hair, speaking into my ear in a soft whisper.

"You have done well... many challenges await you still... take sword in hand and use the strength to guide you along..."

"Thank you, Shade."

"I sense Link has defeated the monster of the water temple... go to him and continue your destiny..."

"Will do, and Shade, thanks for showing me that cool sword trick."

Shade laughed quietly as I closed my eyes when everything was turning pure white...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upon opening my eyes I came face to face with Link's soft blue Hylian eyes. Even the purest of blue skies couldn't out match Link's eyes, they were special and one of a kind to see, loyalty and strength.

"Good to see you made it." I gave him a smile.

"I'm glad you're alright. When I couldn't find you in the river Midna told me to finish the temple and you would be alright. She was right, you are and that's what makes me happy to see you."