Ch.24 Save My Soul

The yetis were really kind enough to let us have half of their soup for on the go. Strange enough as it was my energy each day was depleting very slowly. The amount of sleep or eating or drinking wasn't making it any better... so Link had to carry me while I sat on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you're okay? You had a two days' rest."

"Yes... I'm fine... just keep... going..."

"Alright..." Worry was on the edge of his tongue, "Where do we have to go next?"

"F-Faron... W-Woods... to the.... sacred grove."

"How about we transport there. I'm worried about (y/n)'s health here too." Midna came out of Link's shadow, her red eye glowing with worry over me. It was strange to see Midna worry over me... since we didn't get along real well at all.

Link nodded. "Let's do that."

Midna had him turn into a wolf as I gripped onto Link's fur, a wave of pain recoiled inside me everywhere. Link winced at the pain of me gripping but dealt with it while we entered into pits and pieces. Once we were done I felt strangely better, able to walk about.

Link barked at me to stay on him, but stop when he saw me standing. He quickly turned back into a human and started looking me over. "What happened? I thought you were sick?"

"I thought so too... maybe I just needed out of the cold."

He looked me away from the eyes. I knew he was still sorry about leaving me alone to search for the mirror piece. "Link," I began, "please stop blaming yourself for that. You had no control over it."

"But (y/n)... you were freezing, almost dying, and I couldn't even do anything to help. It just... makes me feel like I'm not a hero for doing that."

The light glow Link usually had was dying down slowly. A sudden dread came over me as I felt time wasn't going in the right place. Link was always to feel like a hero, this wasn't supposed to happen. The images ran in my head... Ganon... his sword running into Link's heart and laughing as all of Hyrule burned down.

"(y/n)... are you alright?"

I snapped my head, think (y/n)! You can't let this happen! This is not to be Link's destiny at all! "I-I'm fine... but Link, promise me you will never tell yourself you're not a hero. It's your destiny too be one and if you keep saying that to yourself you'll never have the full power to save Hyrule."

His blue Hylian eyes lit up with the golden light again, but not much as the memory was still buried into his heart. "You're right. We should get going, it's dark and nothing good happens in the dark now with us."

"Right."

We began to jog are to the sacred woods, until a figure was in are way. He was style like the people back in Ordon village, but you could never be too sure about anything these days. We only came up a foot up to him when he began to speak.

"It has been a while since we took a walk in the forest, huh?" I tensed up, 'we' was something I didn't expect to hear. "Yes... how our world has changed..."

"Who are you?" I asked, tension and caution in my voice.

When he turned to us he simply gave us a smile. "Yeah... do you know about the far side of this deep gorge? Some say there is an ancient temple deep inside the grove to be protect from all cost. The Hylians built it were to prove they were real, but still sophisticated for a past time. If someone were to could obtain the powers of those ancient people... Well, I'm sure Hyrule will be saved..."

Deep inside, I finally knew who this person was. I returned back the smile as I dropped my guard. "And you want us to get it."

He nodded and look at both of us with his mask on. "(y/n)... Link... will you take on the task to find the power sleeping in the temple?"