Epilogue

"Come on (y/n)! Why are you so shy all of a sudden?"

"B-Because! I don't know any other kid than you!"

Ilia sighed and glared at the small (y/n) who was only a kid like her, only she herself was a year older than her. Getting her younger sister to meet other people was pain since she was shy by nature, and trying to crack that would be hard enough than ever.

Ilia didn't want to do it, but she pulled out the guilt card. "That boy just lost his parents in an accident. He's a farm boy and I want you to try and cheer him up."

(y/n) sighed and looked down at the ground. Maybe saying 'hi' wouldn't kill her at all. "Fine... but if anything goes wrong I'm running away."

Ilia smirked and pushed her towards the direction of the ranch. "Great! He's a boy around your age with blond hair and blue eyes, ain't hard to miss at all."

"A-Alright..."

The house was right next to the path of the ranch as (y/n) begun her journey upwards it. Her legs wouldn't stop shaking as it was hard to even control them, but that couldn't let her stop her. When she got to the ranch she looked around, but didn't see the boy Ilia was talking about. After searching around the ranch the owner said the boy, Link, was off today to have time to himself.

"Do you know where he could be?"

"Hmm... beats me. That kid likes to go off anywhere."

"Oh... well thank you!"

(y/n) left the ranch with a heavy heart. She could have just told Ilia she met him, but that would be lying horribly to her big sister. Asking around town for a while she found his house which was huge! It was carved inside a tree.

On the door it said he was at Lanayru Province. That wasn't so far off. (y/n) hopped down and took off towards the forest path. From the distances she could tell the gate was opened up and see footsteps along with hooves.

There was only one horse in the village so at least that was a start. She turned and went into the province, gasping at the beauty before her. The sun was setting as the water sparkled beautifully like fire dancing on the surface. In the middle was a boy, whose back was turned, had blond hair and looked about her age.

The horse he had was sitting next to him and feeding on some grass, and that's when she didn't see the grass in front of her. When she stepped on it Link jumped and turned around, burning blue eyes ready for danger.

"Who are you?!" He shouted, picking up a stick.

(y/n) backed away in slight fear. "I'm (y/n)! I heard about what happened and wanted to cheer you up."

Link gave her a confused look before putting the stick down. "Cheer me up? You want to cheer me up when we don't even know each other?"

(y/n) let out a smile and stepped into the water. "Yes! I... just want make a friend."

Link smiled at the young girl, even Epona wasn't nervous around her so that was a good sign. "Okay. I'll be your friend. I've never had a friend before either..."

(y/n) blinked in confusion before sitting down in the water with him. "Really? You haven't? I though a kid like you would have some friends."

"Well I work full time at the ranch and my friends are really only animals. I love them so much... just like Epona here."

Epona wined in agreement as (y/n) petted the baby horse. "She's cute."

"Thanks." Link smiled and petted her head. "Her name's Epona. My name is Link by the way, I forgot to even introduce myself."