Chapter 12

there is no way to describe the way that she feels when she sees him

the way she smiles when she thinks of him, the way she hurts when she thinks that of him

how can someone feel this way?

how could someone be so in love?

~

"I wasn't looking for you," Harry said, brushing a piece of my hair out of my face meticulously, his eyes wavering with emotion. "I wasn't looking for anyone, but one smile changed all that. One smile, one look and I was lost. I still am. I tried so hard not to fall for you, not to want you, but that smile and what I saw in your eyes, changed everything,"

I bit the inside of my cheek, letting out the breath I didn't know I was holding in. "Really?" I breathed in shakily.

Harry nodded deliberately, leaning his forehead into mine. His sultry breath hit my face, creating goosebumps to line on my arms. "Your smile is what gets me through the day," he pressed his lips into mine, kissing me with such vigilant and wary, yet recklessly enough to make me crave more.

He pulled away cautiously. I kept my eyes closed, enjoying the warmth of Harry's body pressed against mine. "When I'm with you I feel like I could die and that would be alright," Harry admitted inaudibly, sweeping the rain drops off my cheeks.

I opened my eyes, to have them meeting Harry's immediately. "Harry this isn't good," I said in a whisper.

He held my hand in his, bringing it up to his mouth. He pressed small kisses over the back of my hand, making butterflies emerge in my stomach. "What isn't good?"

A resplendent bolt of lightening shot over the lake, followed by a loud crack of thunder and another round of pouring rain.

I ran my tongue over my lips, my heart thumping heavily. "We can't fall for each other like this. It won't work out. I mean what's going to happen at the end of this summer? How ar-"

Harry crashed his lips into mine, tilting my head up with his hand under my chin. He pulled away, glancing at my lips before his eyes flickered to my eyes. "Yes we can. People are allowed to love each other. It will work out Brooklynn. And we'll figure out what happens, at the end of the summer. We don't have to worry about it now,"

I nodded leisurely, even though I knew we had to talk about it. "What are we going to do?"

Harry rolled his eyes, a rain drop sitting on his voluminous eyelashes. "I told you.. we'll figure it out at the end of the summer,"

I giggled. "I meant right now, it's pouring and I'm getting cold,"

"Oh," Harry laughed, kissing my nose. "do you want to go get something to eat?"

"Can we go to the diner?" I gasped excitedly, bouncing up and down. "they have the best chicken nuggets,"

Harry chuckled. "Anything for you,"

I looked up at him with a cheeky smile. "Aw," I stood up on my tippy-toes and planted a short kiss on his lips, before hopping into the passenger seat.

"Hey I was suppose to-" Harry began,

"Oh my god Harry it's fine, it was just one time," I muttered, rolling my eyes with a small smile playing on my lips.

He climbed into the drivers seat. "You're a pain in my ass,"

"And you’re a jerk. A really cute jerk with an adorable nose and a cute voice and I want to throw you off a cliff with sharks waiting for you but before they get you I want to save you from falling and kiss and cuddle you but after that the sharks can eat your stupid dumb adorable cute quirky self," I sighed, leaning my head on the window as I watched the trees pass by.