Chapter 18

"Brooke!" mom's voice traveled from the bottom of the stair case. "there's someone at the door for you!"

I placed my hand over the phone, shouting back. "Give me a second!"

I removed my hand, putting my ear back at my phone. "I have to go, it was really nice catching up with you this weekend babe,"

"I know, we need to see each other more," Taylor gushed. "maybe we could go on a road trip in the fall?"

I grinned. "Yes! Just like last fall, except it'll just be you and I,"

"Of course. Love you,"

"I love you too," I smiled, pressing the red button that said end.

I dragged my body out of my bed, my feet landing on the hardwood floor with a light thud.

I tossed the knotted up blankets off the floor, landing in a hopeless pile on the end of my bed.

I let out a small yawn, roaming out of my room.

I wandered down the dark, wooden stairs, yanking at the sleeves of my sweater.

As I landed on the last step, a breathless gasp left my mouth as my body went surging forward. "Harry!" I squealed, landing in his arms.

He promptly wrapped his arms around my body, practically lifting me off the floor as he held me solidly against his chest. "Hey baby," he breathed out, pressing kisses all over my face, making me giggle, before he attached his lips onto mine.

I pushed him away, cuddling into his chest. "I thought you said you couldn't come home until Tuesday because your flight got delayed?" I rose an eyebrow.

Harry grinned sheepishly. "I was lying, I wanted to surprise you,"

"Well I'm pretty surprised," I chuckled, brushing my nose into his.

"I'm taking you somewhere," Harry declared, running his hands up and down my back.

I looked up into his eyes. "Really?"

He nodded, kissing my nose. "For the night,"

I cocked my head to the side. "Where?"

"Come with me," he whispered, cupping my face with his hands.

"How will I be so sure that you aren't kidnapping me?" I joked, leaning my head into his hand.

He caressed the hallow in my cheek, his eyes locked on mine. "You won't,"

I chuckled. "That's comforting,"

He laughed, tracing his finger over my lips. "Let's go,"

I glanced down at my outfit, which consisted in a pair of black spandex shorts and an oversized white t-shirt I stole from Harry. "But I look like crap,"

He chuckled, nudging my cheek with his nose. "You could never look like crap baby. It doesn't matter,"

I nodded, the cliche butterflies filling inside of my stomach , moving away from Harry's hold. "I'll see you tomorrow mom!" I shouted, opening the front door.

"Be safe!" she shouted back.

Harry followed me to his car, the sky was almost dark and the moon began to be more visible.

"How was Vegas?" I inquired, once Harry pulled out of the driveway.

"It was incredible. Very very nice," he admitted truthfully.

"That's nice," I smiled.

"I missed you so much," Harry whispered.

"I know," I agreed. "I did too,"